PG Music Home
Haven't worked on any new songs for a while so no BIAB files since 628 upgrade opened in RB.

today opened a new BIAB file using all real tracks in RB to find slight and faint background 'crackle' with my normal driver set up of Windows Audio. soloing tracks shows all tracks are affected but its heaviest on the bass.

all other files previously created in BIAB using only real tracks and opened in RB and saved as seq file are fine using Windows Audio so i thought it was file related, however just to check, BIAB sgu files that played fine in RB before i saved them as seq files in RB are also affected when i open the old sgu file in RB.

problem disappears if I use MME in RB. haven't tried asio as yet as it means connecting my interface but anyone any idea what might be happening?

obviously not a problem as MME is fine for playback and I imagine ASIO will be fine for recording (I hope!)

wav files play fine using Windows Audio in Audacity

not a real problem but i'm puzzled. and following previous posts is an udate to RB planned?

UPDATE! just remembered I have asio drivers with my soundcard and using them the problem disappears too in RB.

so is this a BIAB issue or a rb ISSUE?
We have found that WAS doesn't work well with all audio interfaces. If you have ASIO, that would be the best route (especially native drivers designed for your particular sound interface).

However, with the WAS drivers, make sure you are set to run BIAB as 16 bit, 44.1Khz. If it is set for 48KHz, you may experience sound anomalies as described.

I've got a Behringer UMC404HD audio interface and it works great with my ASIO drivers, but horribly with WAS drivers. Others have described similar issues. And for others everything works fine with WAS. Go figure.
thanks jford. what puzzles me is that it worked fine until yesterday! if i can describe the sound it's a like a faint clipping as if the audio is about to overload
Originally Posted By: Bob Calver
thanks jford. what puzzles me is that it worked fine until yesterday! if i can describe the sound it's a like a faint clipping as if the audio is about to overload

You probably already have done this but just in case if you think that it is faint clipping them check each and every volume control you have on your system. This include each track, master volume, effect(s) volumes etc.

Also solo each track to see if you can pinpoint the problem.

Windows' updates can mess with audio also so check
win audio settings.

Good luck.
mmmmmmmmmm maybe Bil Gates and Peter Gannon have settled their differences. the problem has disappeared. RB updated to latest version but there is no mention of the crackle being fixed.

not the first time a BIAB or RB problem has just disappeared - but it was never a real problem as MME was a workaound but WAS is now working just fine.
© PG Music Forums