PG Music Home
Posted By: HalRose I can't supress Solist or Melodist - 07/06/19 12:55 AM
I have been a user for a couple of years but I am starting to try some more advanced stuff. What I want to do is have my chord changes being played with Real tracks and then add a melody line played by a real trumpet. I entered the notes in the notation window and selected a [real tracks] trumpet but when I go to play it, BIAB generates it's own solo and plays that and not the notes I entered.

What exactly am I doing wrong. I have been trying to get BIAB to cooperate for a couple of days now and it is getting exhausting.

Thanks
Hal
Posted By: Pipeline Re: I can't supress Solist or Melodist - 07/06/19 01:49 AM
After you enter the notes in the notation window load Sforzando VSTi into that track then load or drag a trumpet.sfz into it
Mihai Sorohan Muted Trumpet (SF2) Soundfont format

https://www.pgmusic.com/forums/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=428263#Post428263
Posted By: jford Re: I can't supress Solist or Melodist - 07/06/19 09:20 AM
RealTracks are pre-recorded phrases and will only generate according to the underlying chord progression. They will not play your entered notes. For that, you'll need to use a MIDI sound source, as suggested by Pipeline. If you want a better sounding (although not perfect) trumpet, if you have Kontakt full version, look at either Realitone's Screaming Trumpet or Indiginus Blue Street Brass.
© PG Music Forums