PG Music Home
Posted By: Brian Cadoret Default Synth Volume - 07/08/19 02:42 PM
Hi,

I've installed and set Addictive Keys as the Default Synth in the VSTi dialog.

When changing the volume slider on the BIAB mixer it has no effect on the VSTi ( Addictive Keys )

Is this normal or have I missed something.

Thanks
Brian
Posted By: Mike Head Re: Default Synth Volume - 07/08/19 03:38 PM
Hi

Just had a quick look at Addictive Keys free on their website.
Can see no reason why it should not work as it says it works with cakewalk by band lab obviously in its 64 bit form, but I note it is available as 32 bit any way.
You don’t sat wich version of BIAB you are using.
What is not clear is if it responds to normal midi cntr 7 volume events but I would have thought so.
Are you sure you are routing the midi input to the default synth is there a tick in the box in midi settings use vst /dxi synth. Maybe if not you are sending the midi to what BIAB is treating as an external midi synth like the windows or other say coolsoft configured to run as the default windows synth.

later edit
Just had another look at this and it seems it is not a GM synth , so there for it does not have a full gm voice set. This means it wont play midi files or tracks in BIAB if you use it as a default Vsti synth. So if you are hearing midi style tracks they must be coming from another source as I said above.

Mike

Posted By: Brian Cadoret Re: Default Synth Volume - 07/08/19 04:29 PM
Hi,

I use Addictive Keys in my DAW and it responds to volume control as well as other midi controls.

When used in BIAB 2018 the volume and pan has no effect.

Brian
Posted By: Noel96 Re: Default Synth Volume - 07/08/19 08:08 PM
Hi Brian,

Have a look at this thread. They might shed a little extra light on the situation.

https://www.pgmusic.com/forums/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=510845

https://www.pgmusic.com/forums/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=485214&Searchpage=1&Main=70333

Regards,
Noel

© PG Music Forums