PG Music Home
Posted By: bmolle Music beat and sheet chords not in sync - 07/12/19 11:54 AM
I just upgraded from 2014 to the 2019 MegaPak. When I play a song from my 2014 version the beat of the music is not at the same time as the black bar that moves as the chords play. The music plays and then the bar moves to the chord about 1/3 second later. I have not tried making a new song yet to see what it does. Thanks Bill
Hi. There are several possibilities here. First, I don’t think it’s related to the song file being from 2014. I routinely open files from as far back as the early 90s.

The audio driver is the first place I would look. BIAB 2018 and after default to the WAS driver, and I would try changing that to MME or ASIO, whichever worked before in your 2014 version.

If that isn’t it, consider checking for updates to your video drivers, though this is less likely to be the cause, as BIAB does not stress the video system.
Posted By: bmolle Re: Music beat and sheet chords not in sync - 07/12/19 03:51 PM
Well Matt, Thanks for the guidance. I didn't think it was the 2014 songs really. After I posted I put in a new 4 bars and ran it and it was still doing it in the new 2019 version. What you said to look at was really way above my level of knowledge but the words audio driver caught my eye. I looked in help for audio driver and started to read about it, couldn't find MME or ASIO but I did find the word latency which I thought might be relevent and then found a link for MIDI driver Wizard. Opened that but didn't understand a thing about the options I was given but I clicked OK and darned if that wasn't it. My sample song works ok and my 2014 song is right on the money with the sheet chords and music being right in sync.
So thanks for the help. I hate to upgrade programs because this always happens.

Bill
© PG Music Forums