PG Music Home
Posted By: Antho1965 Wheel mouse scroll not working in BB? - 07/15/19 01:34 PM
I have looked around and can't seem to find anything to change or set to get the wheel on my mouse to scroll within in BB. It seems that since this 2019 version it hasn't worked.

Any ideas as to how to fix it?

Thanks
I'm running BIAB 2019 for Windows, Build 628.

I can use my mouse middle scroll wheel on the chordsheet, moving it up and down, even when the whole song is visible on one screen.

The mouse scroll wheel has no effect in the Notation window, though. Where are you using it, so we can verify your problem?

You could also try Return to Factory Settings, to rule out anything funky there.
Posted By: Antho1965 Re: Wheel mouse scroll not working in BB? - 07/15/19 11:35 PM
Thanks Matt...

Yes I did omit that one important piece of info as in my own head I knew what I was talking about...(scary place to be...lol)

So yes in the Chord Sheet is where I am using it, and I just tried the notation sheet and it's the same, not scrolling.

I am believing it's something wonky in my BB settings and not a bug as the scrolling works just fine in RB and other SW as it should.

I was looking for any ideas as to how to set the mouse scrolling as I was trying to avoid a Factory Reset.

*** On another note I just noticed that all of the Favorited bands/styles I had in 2018 did not get ported over to 2019...is this expected?
Before a Return to Factory Settings, you are given a chance to save your preferences. I don't see a downside to trying it.

I thought the ten favorites were stored in the Registry (found them there once many years ago), and if so it would be correct they would not carry to what Windows thinks is a new program.
Posted By: Andy Ling Re: Wheel mouse scroll not working in BB? - 07/16/19 10:46 AM
Originally Posted By: Matt Finley
I thought the ten favorites were stored in the Registry (found them there once many years ago), and if so it would be correct they would not carry to what Windows thinks is a new program.

That depends how PG have stored them. It is perfectly possible for different programs to use the same bit of the registry. What is more likely is that 32 & 64bit programs see the registry differently. Things can be shared between them, but you have to make a special effort. So I could imagine PG didn't bother, either with some or all settings.
Posted By: Antho1965 Re: Wheel mouse scroll not working in BB? - 07/18/19 11:37 PM
Did the reset and still no happiness here....

Mouse scroll does not work in BB...

However works fine in RB.
I've noticed, depending on what other program I am running with BIAB some keyboard shortcuts don't function properly... for instance If I have WinAmp open the L/R arrow keys won't navigate in BIAB as they normally would, but as soon as I shut down WinAmp... it begins working again...
MojoPlasma (cool name) makes a good point: test with nothing else running, including any unnecessary background processes.

Anthony, are you still stuck? Did you rule out malware?

This might be one of those weird ones where we need to identify every piece of equipment you have, type of CPU, mouse, graphics card etc. This would especially be needed if someone else has the problem while most of us don’t.
Posted By: jazzmammal Re: Wheel mouse scroll not working in BB? - 07/30/19 09:26 PM
Originally Posted By: Antho1965
So yes in the Chord Sheet is where I am using it, and I just tried the notation sheet and it's the same, not scrolling.

Matt just said the scrolling does not work in Notation, it doesn't work in the Lead Sheet either. Those two you have to use the horizontal scroll bar at the bottom of the window.

Weird I know and I wish it were different but oh well.

Bob
© PG Music Forums