PG Music Home
Posted By: Trygve Larsen Trojan in BB installer - 07/17/19 06:44 AM
Windows Defender found this after a full scan yesterday;
[img]https://www.dropbox.com/s/bgifq50kb6i1zw7/Trojan%20Band%20in%20a%20box.JPG?dl=1[/img]

But according to this link, the only symptoms might be Alerts from your security software. So, is it ok then?
https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/wdsi/threats/malware-encyclopedia-description?name=Trojan%3aWin32%2fDorv.D!rfn&threatid=2147697472
Posted By: Matt Finley Re: Trojan in BB installer - 07/17/19 11:37 AM
You should send the details of this Att: Andrew to support@pgmusic.com

Include the version of BIAB your software identified.

I have Windows Defender running, as well as periodic scans by Malwarebytes Pro and SuperAntiSpyware Pro. Nothing current from PG Music has been flagged. At a couple of points over the years, early BETA software was flagged, and we notified Andrew who sent the file to the malware scanning companies so they knew it was OK. Even this was rare.

ps Your Microsoft link wasn't found, and doesn't appear in your post as a link.
Posted By: Trygve Larsen Re: Trojan in BB installer - 07/17/19 11:09 PM
Thank's Matt.. But does not Andrew see it here? The link was just to a Microsoft Page, saying what I posted here.. I guess the screenshot telling Andrew enough to know what to do? It's either 2018 or 2019, and not beta.. I don't know, coz I just installed my 2019 in the 2018 external harddisk... I also use Malvarebyte pro, but that file has never been flagged by it... Just the other day by Windows Defender, after I upgraded it, and run a full scan.. I think it's first time I have run a full scan.. It tok nearly 12 hours..;)
Posted By: Matt Finley Re: Trojan in BB installer - 07/17/19 11:59 PM
Originally Posted By: Trygve Larsen
Thank's Matt.. But does not Andrew see it here? ...
Maybe, maybe not. Why chance it?
Posted By: Andrew - PG Music Re: Trojan in BB installer - 07/18/19 01:58 AM
Thanks for the report. Currently, Windows Defender isn't complaining about this file (or actually any BB file) on my system, however I will do some further testing.
© PG Music Forums