PG Music Home
Posted By: lambada Installation questions - 07/18/19 11:06 AM
Hi

Is there any easy way to see which installation file has not been installed? I always get in a mess unzipping the multitude of files. I have a slightly lower count of realtracks on my notebook from my PC and I don't want to waste hours reinstalling everything again. I had a feeling the installer would flag the missing files, but I don't have time to let it run through the whole installation process before I fly out. Thanks.
Posted By: Matt Finley Re: Installation questions - 07/18/19 11:14 AM
There is a very helpful utility in the Help Menu called What Add-ons Do I Have. It's very fast. The bottom half of the report shows what isn't installed.
Posted By: lambada Re: Installation questions - 07/18/19 11:26 AM
Ok. I'd looked at that but hadn't noticed the bottom bit. I'll see if that fixes it.
Posted By: Matt Finley Re: Installation questions - 07/18/19 11:41 AM
Well, mine says "You have all the ____ unless we've made more." Something like that.

Since your concern is over RealTracks, you could look for a RealTrack (anything) and check the checkbox that says something like Show RealTracks That Are N/A. That might help you track down what wasn't installed.

And did you run the April RealTracks update on both your computers?
Posted By: lambada Re: Installation questions - 07/18/19 11:46 AM
I'm installing the files for the missing realtrack groups. Hopefully that will fix it. Thanks for sorting that for me.

I just tried the N/A option on the PC and it's giving me 317 realtracks missing. I had no idea. Nothing shows in the dialog box for missing stuff in what add on's do I have. It's insane that this process is so opaque.
Posted By: Matt Finley Re: Installation questions - 07/18/19 11:47 AM
Happy to help. Let us know if the counts don't match when you're done.
Posted By: lambada Re: Installation questions - 07/18/19 11:50 AM
Sorry, I keep editing my messages. My apologies.
Posted By: Matt Finley Re: Installation questions - 07/18/19 12:19 PM
Originally Posted By: lambada

I just tried the N/A option on the PC and it's giving me 317 realtracks missing. ...

OK. Try sorting the RealTracks by number, or by date. It might reveal what's missing, and you can find the file or files to install, or call Support to ask about the file name for a specific range or date.
© PG Music Forums