PG Music Home
Posted By: KGU 2 Permanently SET COUNT IN - fastest? - 07/22/19 02:34 PM
Hey all,

waiting for the slow count-in drives me nuts. How to set to
fastest count-in? How to make PERMANENT?

thanks
Posted By: Matt Finley Re: Permanently SET COUNT IN - fastest? - 07/22/19 02:53 PM
I don’t believe you can. It appears to default to the tempo of the current style. There are start-up options in Preferences, Display you could experiment with; mine is to Open Previous Song but there are also Open Previous Style and do neither of those.

You could place a post in the BIAB Wishlist Forum.

A workaround would be to create an empty song as a template. Begin each new song by loading the template, which has your preferred tempo, and immediately doing a Save As. For most effectiveness, set the attribute of this file to Read Only.
Posted By: AudioTrack Re: Permanently SET COUNT IN - fastest? - 07/22/19 06:05 PM
You can turn the Count-In (Lead-in) off. This is global for all songs.
Is that what you wish to achieve?
It's under Options > Preferences:

Attached picture 2019-07-23_07-04-00.jpg
Posted By: Matt Finley Re: Permanently SET COUNT IN - fastest? - 07/22/19 07:29 PM
Or make it visible as a count-in, but not audible.
Posted By: AudioTrack Re: Permanently SET COUNT IN - fastest? - 07/22/19 10:22 PM
Originally Posted By: Matt Finley
Or make it visible as a count-in, but not audible.

The user would still have to wait for the required lead-in time though?
I'm under the impression that the O/P wants the song to start immediately, although I'm also a little confused about the actual requirement.
Posted By: Mike Head Re: Permanently SET COUNT IN - fastest? - 07/23/19 09:47 AM
Hi

I don’t understand the problem it counts you in at the song /style tempo.
Why would you want it always fast?
As said you can turn it off.
Mike
Posted By: KGU 2 Re: Permanently SET COUNT IN - fastest? - 07/25/19 01:47 AM
Thanks guys. Some good leads here. I will keep working with it.
© PG Music Forums