PG Music Home
Posted By: airtcon-161 How to find styles that are half time - 07/27/19 12:22 PM
Anyone know how to do this with filters in the style picker.

Thanks Nelson Lyon
Go to http://www.nortonmusic.com/styledemo.html and look for EXPANDED styles.

Notes
Posted By: Noel96 Re: How to find styles that are half time - 07/27/19 06:39 PM
Hi Nelson,

That's an interesting question and one that I don't have an immediate answer for.

Something that is worth trying is to think of a song that has a similar tempo and backing type to the one that you want a backing for and then type that song's name in the "Find titles" filter in Stylepicker. This might help narrow down the choices for styles.

Also, using Realtracks and Realdrums with a Doubletime or Halftime setting for the timebase are also worth trying.

I've found that often a single track (say Drums) that works well is all that's needed to achieve the feel wanted.

Hope this helps a bit,
Noel
Thank you, I will try your suggestions

Nelson
There's a time signature filter.
In the Style Picker, I searched for 'half time' and found a few entries.

In the RealDrums picker, you can specify Half-Time as the Timebase.
Excuse me but where is the time sig filter and does it say half time

Thanks

Nels
Silvertones refers to one of the pull-downs in the Style Picker. TimeSig is in the upper left corner, between Category and Feel. No, it does not say Half-time. Half time was my idea; I typed that into the Filter String box.

Again, I usually work with a drum part when I want a different time base.

Thanks Matt

Nelson
Posted By: WDDT Re: How to find styles that are half time - 08/01/19 12:37 PM
I'm probably not qualified and may even be answering a different question, but I ran into what I think was a similar problem and found a solution. I was looking for a style in what I consider to be 2/4 time (Trying to think of a sample and I came up with singing the alphabet -- A b C d E f G, like 1, 2, 1, 2, 1, 2, etc.) As in two accented beats per measure. I've used BIB for years and never put it together that, although the second column from the left in the style picker will read "4/4", when the third column (labeled "EV/SW" but also known as "feel") is set "EV16" I get that 2-beat feel. ("EV8" in that column is what I think of as 4/4 time.) I hope that helps.
Posted By: Lloyd S Re: How to find styles that are half time - 08/01/19 02:56 PM
Nelson:

If I understand what you're after, I frequently use a "2 beat" style.
If you type "2beat" (no quotes, no space) into the Filter String box in the StylePicker window,
you should get a number of entries.

There are some "country" ones (-C2B...), "ethnic" (-ETH2B...) and "Nashville" (-NS2B...) plus ROK2BEAT

Good luck!
LLOYD S
Thank you very much, I will try your suggestions

Cheers

Nelson Lyon
© PG Music Forums