PG Music Home
Posted By: paulpaul reaper colour chart/swatch - 07/28/19 04:10 AM
hello

i will just say that i have checked the reaper website out and the forums and google but cant seem to find the answer to my query (im a bit slow with tech stuff).

i know that a lot of biab users use reaper as their daw.

this is my query.
i want the colour options shown in image 2 instead of the colour options in image 1.
can anyone guide me through the process of changing it.
i have downloaded the reapak and lua but it made no difference.
thanks for any help.

Description: image2
Attached picture reaper colour 2.jpg

Description: image1
Attached picture reaper colour 1.jpg
Posted By: Noel96 Re: reaper colour chart/swatch - 07/28/19 04:27 AM
The fact that the close button is in the upper left corner makes me wonder if image 2 options might belong to Mac or Linux. If that's the case they may not exist in the Windows version.

I've just looked at my Windows version of the software and I cannot find the equivalent of image 2.

Images 1 and 2 are two different versions of the same colour gradients.

Image 2 starts from the circumference of the circle with the darkest colours and moves towards the centre. The rectangular version in image 2 does the same with the darkest colours at the top moving down towards the colours that are found in the circle's centre in Image 2.

In other words, the image 1 colour gradients are begin the equivalent of the circle's circumference at the top of the rectangle and the circle's centre colours at the bottom of the rectangle. (I hope that I've explained myself in an understandable way.)

Also, I notice that you are running BIAB update #619 (in your signature). Just in case you are not aware of it, we are up to #628 at the moment.

https://www.pgmusic.com/support_windowsupdates.htm

Regards,
Noel
Posted By: paulpaul Re: reaper colour chart/swatch - 07/28/19 04:55 AM
thanks noel

yes im running latest build,i just didnt change it.

im thinking you are correct about the colour belonging to mac,i checked the video again and the keyboard shortcuts he uses are command not control.

the reason i liked that colour swatch was because it seemed to have textures as well.

anyway looks like i cant have it hah.
thanks again.
Posted By: Pipeline Re: reaper colour chart/swatch - 07/28/19 05:16 AM
They are just the Win & Mac system color picker,
you can use the eye dropper to pick the colors from the Windows picker image and add them to the Mac's pallet.
You have the RGB sliders that you can enter the RGB value.

Attached picture Reaper-Win-Mac-System-Color-Picker.png
Attached picture Reaper-Win-Mac-System-Color-Picker2.png
© PG Music Forums