PG Music Home
Posted By: looperboy Part Markers don't seem to be working - 08/03/19 09:18 PM
Hi

I am using the Realstyle "Old Time Bluegrass Band w/Soloists" (_BGMEDLY.STY)

The memo says this style toggles between different soloists depending on the part markers you select. A-B No Soloist. C-D Fiddle ...etc

But when I set up part markers, there doesn't appear to be any change in what is playing. There are no soloists, as far as I can tell, no matter what part markers I select.

Can anyone tell me what I am doing wrong?

Thanks.
Posted By: Noel96 Re: Part Markers don't seem to be working - 08/03/19 09:39 PM
Hi,

After setting up the partmarkers, did you regenerate the song? Also, you will need to unfreeze any tracks so that the parts can be generated with the partmarkers present.

Regards,
Noel
Posted By: looperboy Re: Part Markers don't seem to be working - 08/03/19 09:59 PM
Hi

I've made sure to regenerate the song with all the tracks unfrozen, but it's still the same.

It seems strange that all the tracks in the style are rhythm parts, not soloists. Does that have anything to do with the problem?
Posted By: Noel96 Re: Part Markers don't seem to be working - 08/03/19 10:35 PM
I just loaded the demo song, generated it and I heard variations between partmarkers. The variation between C and D partmarkers was minimal and these sections sounded very similar. Other sections, though, did have different instruments playing.

What I did...

1. enter into style picker

2. filter using _bgmed to isolate the _BGMEDLY style

3. select the style

4. clicked on the "Load song demo" button that's located to the right of the tempo in style picker

5. selected ok

6. generated the song and listened to it play

Hope this helps,
Noel
Posted By: jford Re: Part Markers don't seem to be working - 08/04/19 12:25 AM
Which BIAB Pak did you buy? Could it be that you don't have the underlying RealTracks for that style?
Posted By: looperboy Re: Part Markers don't seem to be working - 08/04/19 08:16 AM
I have BIAB For Windows 2019, Pro version, John.

In the memo for the style, it says the Real Tracks in the style are 432, 427, 426, 431 and 428- all of which I have, but I'm wondering if it would list more if I had them.

I'm assuming the memos are fixed though, and these are all the tracks the style uses.

Is that right?
Posted By: looperboy Re: Part Markers don't seem to be working - 08/04/19 08:21 AM
Ah, when I loaded the demo song and tried to play it, I got three messages that there are real tracks required that I don't have: RMand002.ST2, RAcG16.ST2 and RFid003.ST2 which I assume are all Soloist real tracks?
© PG Music Forums