PG Music Home
Posted By: AlastairLC Pop Styles Can’t Handle Dominant 7ths - 08/08/19 07:16 PM
BIAB's Swing styles handle Dominant 7ths just fine, but Pop styles (EVs) don’t. They sound discordant. Has anyone run into this and found a way to work around it? Thanks.
OMG Alastair! This is the biggest laugh I've had all day. Obviously you missed these threads in the Wishlist forum:

Biab ONLY plays 7ths

and this one:

Update Biab plays 7ths

Now that I've calmed myself the truth lies in between you guys. It's all in the styles and how they're made, all the various controls in the Arranger pane plus what tracks you're using. Read both threads completely because it evolves quite a bit and there's some good stuff in it. It should give you a better understanding of how this works.

Bob

Thanks Jazzmammal.
I don’t think I quite get the joke but I did plow through most of the posts you cited and found the nugget “disable natural arrangements” and that seemed to do the trick.
I don’t understand why I would every want it enabled but that’s a question for another day.
It's just the idea that Jan is a hard core jazzer and wants all those complex jazz chords working and he said Biab only plays 7ths. Here you're saying the opposite so I thought that was funny, that's all. I was visualizing both thread titles posted at the same time and sitting next to each other which would be kinda funny. One says Biab can't handle dominant 7ths while the other says Biab only plays 7ths. Yeah, I have a weird sense of humor.

Glad you got it working.

Bob
Now I get it. Thanks.
© PG Music Forums