PG Music Home
I have BIAB 2018 PlusPak. I want to now upgrade to 2019 and want to ask what version should I get so I get all the realtracks and realdrums kits available?

Also if I buy 2019 now, would there be any discount for getting 2020 (assuming PG release 2020 this year) it is only about 3 months to a possible new version release so yeah trying to decide to just wait or buy 2019 now and 2020 when released.

Thanks
Hi Joden.

The PlusPak needs a full installation to work with. As I understand it, it's a package that gives all new material and is designed for upgrade use with the UltraPak.

Provided you've bought a copy of the UltraPak (or equivalent), then it's possible to upgrade year by year using the PlusPak. The new yearly PlusPak must be installed every year for this to work.

I did this for many years.... for example, I had an earlier UltraPak equivalent (I'm guessing around 2013) and then each year I upgraded using the PlusPak for the next four or fives years.

I suggest that you use Live Chat to talk to rep. and ask them. They will have access to you account information and know what you've purchased and will thus be able to advise you better than I can.

Regards,
Noel

The PlusPak depends on your original purchase.
You can go to that from the Ultra, the Mega, etc. And which you originally bought will determine what you are missing.

As Neil mentioned a call to PGMusic will get you the best value and bang for your buck.
From the product page -
Band-in-a-Box® 2018 Pro & MegaPAK users who purchase the PlusPAK upgrade will be missing RealTracks Sets up to 300. To upgrade to the 2019 version with all the RealTracks & RealDrums, purchase the UltraPAK or UltraPAK+.

Many of us suggest getting the UltraPak as early in your BiaB life as possible, as it makes every future upgrade more cost efficient and you know you have everything.
You also asked when to buy. Typically new versions of BIAB for Windows are released in early December, although there is no guarantee of that. If you buy within 30 days before release you can request a free upgrade.
Additionally, upgrade pricing is generally discounted during the sale period of a new release.
Cool thanks guys - I'll investigate the sales pages a bit more, although the variations do my head in sometimes! hahaha
Originally Posted By: joden
Cool thanks guys - I'll investigate the sales pages a bit more, although the variations do my head in sometimes! hahaha

Yes, it's a bit challenging to navigate. I agree.
© PG Music Forums