PG Music Home
Posted By: 2bSolo Notation editing - 08/11/19 03:43 PM
I am using the Notation editing screen. It won't let me enter more than one note for an instrument; guess you could say it has gone monophonic. If I try to change a piano chord, it wipes out the chord and puts in one note. If I try to put in a hi-hat with the bass drum, I get one the last one I entered.

Anyone have a clue what the problem is and how to solve it?

Also, does anyone know why features suddenly quit working in BB? This is the second time I have had it happen in Notation.

Thanks.

2b
Posted By: Matt Finley Re: Notation editing - 08/11/19 03:58 PM
You probably have the Mono button checked.

In the Editable Notation Mode, look just under the names of the song and style for four checkboxes called Note, Rest, Mono and Clean. Uncheck Mono.

I'm also assuming your editing is on the Soloist or Melody track; otherwise regenerating the song will wipe out any edits unless you freeze the track(s) first.
Posted By: 2bSolo Re: Notation editing - 08/11/19 09:12 PM
Thanks, Matt. I didn't notice.

When I first started editing, I didn't know that you'd better make it the last thing you do. So my edits kept disappearing. When I called TA at PG, they just told me you can't edit anything except Soloist or Melodist. I found out that wasn't true but it took me a while to figure it how.

Thanks again.

2b
Posted By: Matt Finley Re: Notation editing - 08/12/19 01:46 PM
You're welcome. For anyone else reading this, what 2b is talking about is that all tracks EXCEPT Melody and Soloist are regenerated, so yes you can edit the MIDI tracks on those other instruments but you must FREEZE the track immediately (or your edits will be overridden).

Note I said MIDI tracks. This does NOT apply to any notation for tracks using RealTracks or RealDrums. That notation is there for educational purposes only and editing it will NOT change what you hear in any way.
© PG Music Forums