PG Music Home
I've been trying to make some chord sheet videos in BIAB 2019 but get this pop up message when I try to do it,

"The VJT application is needed for rendering videos, but is not installed. Please install the latest Band-in-a-Box patch"

I have of course done this but I still get the same message. I did read something about this previously which stated it was used in 2018 for the Video Realtracks which didn't prove very popular and it seems it has been removed for 2019.

Has anyone else come across this and managed to use this feature in the 2019 version.

Thanks
Keith
Keith:

Mine works fine in 2018 and 2019.
I struggled with video creation awhile back until I got set straight by "the Man" himself, Peter Gannon.
There are a couple of "gotchas" you might try:

- after you click the "Save As" icon on the toolbar, and select "Save as video ... ", after the
"Make chordsheet video" window opens, use CTRL+T to remove the large toolbar

- then after the video is created and the "Show video file" button is active, CLOSE BIAB before trying to play the video.

If you still get the error message using this process, sorry, you'll need more help than I can offer.

Good Luck!
LLOYD S
Posted By: Noel96 Re: VJT application error when making a video - 08/12/19 07:28 PM
Hi Keith,

I have just tried creating a video in BIAB 2019 using both the 64 bit version and the 32 bit version of the program. It worked for me.

The image below shows all my settings. Did you use the CVSM:MS-CRAM codec? I've highlighted it below.

How I created the video...

1. I closed BIAB and re-opened it (just in case anything was cuaght in memory)

2. I then loaded the song

3. I did not generate the song

4. With the song loaded and NOT generated, I clicked on the "Save As" icon and selected save as video. (I was in Standard View -- that is, I entered Standard View by pressing CTRL+T.)

5. I successfully rendered both the chord sheet and the Melody track

Try the above process exactly as I did, using the settings below, and see if that makes a difference.

Regards,
Noel

Attached picture video in 2019 64 & 32.JPG
Thanks Lloyd S and Noel, I should have said that I can render a video using the "Save As" and using the CVSM:MS-CRAM codec, however when I come to play it I get a Missing Codec error message, so that's another issue.

The VJT error only happens when I use the Video tab on the main menu, I think I'll install 2018 as it did work for me then.

Thanks
Keith
Posted By: Noel96 Re: VJT application error when making a video - 08/13/19 07:33 AM
Keith,

As far as I understand it, and if we're talking about the same selection icon, the Video rendering button that I've highlighted below is for use with VideoRealtracks. These are Realtracks that have a video recording of the artist playing them.

If this is the case, then VJT stands for Video Join Tool which I'm guessing is the tool that stitches the Realtrack video sections together in much the same way that Realtrack audio sections are compiled.

Does the Realtrack you're trying to render to video have V or Video in it's name? This indicates that it's a VideoRealtrack.

Regards,
Noel

Attached picture for video realtracks.JPG
Hi Noel,
That's the one, I have just installed BIAB 2018 to a USB Drive and successfully rendered a lead sheet video using that Video tab and it works perfectly, and the file size is just under 3mb compared to the "Save as" method which generated a video of 97mb.

Here is a link to a YouTube video demonstrating how they do it

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xA1g77oX7lI
© PG Music Forums