PG Music Home
Posted By: AudioTrack Did Forte DXi 64bit ever happen? - 09/07/19 08:04 PM
Does anybody know if a 64 bit version of Forte DXi was ever developed/released? There was much discussion at the release of 2019 64-bit BiaB, but I'm not sure if there has been any progress since then.
Posted By: jford Re: Did Forte DXi 64bit ever happen? - 09/07/19 08:38 PM
I have not seen anything. But it seems to me that since they were able to get the Coyote WT upgraded to 64-bit, it shouldn't be that heavy of a lift for Forte also.
Posted By: AudioTrack Re: Did Forte DXi 64bit ever happen? - 09/07/19 08:43 PM
Thanks John. I've written to Coyote Electronics also. Waiting on a reply.
Posted By: LtKojak Re: Did Forte DXi 64bit ever happen? - 09/08/19 03:53 AM
I've just visited the Coyote site: the product page of the Forte DXi says: "last update: Sep, 2005"

Ouch! Not an encouraging sign...
Posted By: AudioTrack Re: Did Forte DXi 64bit ever happen? - 09/08/19 04:11 AM
Originally Posted By: LtKojak
I've just visited the Coyote site: the product page of the Forte DXi says: "last update: Sep, 2005"

Ouch! Not an encouraging sign...

Yes, I saw that and was also not encouraged. In fact I believe that the last update on that web site is dated 2007.
Posted By: DrDan Re: Did Forte DXi 64bit ever happen? - 09/08/19 09:43 AM
Originally Posted By: VideoTrack
Does anybody know if a 64 bit version of Forte DXi was ever developed/released? There was much discussion at the release of 2019 64-bit BiaB, but I'm not sure if there has been any progress since then.

Not many were more vocal than I. It was upsetting at the time, but life moves on...

Here is a workaround that folks have done...

There is a download floating around where someone converted Coyote Forte into a GM sf2, It will load into many of the 64 synth players like VirtualMidiSynth (CoolSoft) and all the gm sounds from coyote forte can be back.
© PG Music Forums