PG Music Home
Posted By: danrohan No Demo Files for RealTracks 77 - 10/07/19 05:12 PM
BIAB 2012 - Where are the RealTrack demo files for Set 77?

Everything installed correctly but I don't know how to use this or even hear what it's supposed to sound like!??!!!
Posted By: AudioTrack Re: No Demo Files for RealTracks 77 - 10/07/19 05:24 PM
There certainly is a demo of RT 77 on my 2019 version. It is named _STRIDES.wma:

"Auditioning style: C:\bb\RealTracks\Data\Style Demos Audio\_STRIDES.wma [2019.635.0, 08/10/2019 07:21:08]"
Posted By: AudioTrack Re: No Demo Files for RealTracks 77 - 10/07/19 05:26 PM
Could you hear what it sounds like by starting a new song, typing some chords on a few bars, and selecting RT 77 as the Style and generating the song? Just a thought.
Posted By: Lloyd S Re: No Demo Files for RealTracks 77 - 10/07/19 05:43 PM
dan:

Is your computer connected to the internet?
When I open the RealTracks picker and select an entry in Set 77 (say RealTrack 940 Piano...),
then press the (Play) Solo button, a yellow "information" box pops up in the bottom RH corner of the screen
stating that it is accessing a .wma file from here

http://demos2.pgmusic.com/pgmusic/audio/realtracksdemos/940solo.wma

That file isn't in my bb folder.
Good Luck!
LLOYD S
Posted By: danrohan Re: No Demo Files for RealTracks 77 - 10/08/19 01:17 AM
All the other Sets have a folder with *.SGU files in them or *.MGU files. This Set did not create a folder and I don't know where the Demo files went ...?? Does this Set even have demo files?!?
Posted By: AudioTrack Re: No Demo Files for RealTracks 77 - 10/08/19 05:30 AM
Originally Posted By: danrohan
All the other Sets have a folder with *.SGU files in them or *.MGU files. This Set did not create a folder and I don't know where the Demo files went ...?? Does this Set even have demo files?!?

Dan, Lloyd asked "Is your computer connected to the internet?"

That might assist you, but I didn't see any feedback to advise that status so far. If there is no local demo file, the system can try to locate it on the PGM server, but needs an Internet connection.
Posted By: MountainSide Re: No Demo Files for RealTracks 77 - 10/08/19 06:45 AM
This is an interesting string of comments, but it raises a question in my mind.

If you have to have an internet connection for some RT demos, is it possible to download them so you can operate your system off-line, with no internet connected?

Seems some of you guys say you stay off the internet for security or resource issues, if that's the case how do you get the demos of these RT's from the PG servers?

Jeff
Posted By: AudioTrack Re: No Demo Files for RealTracks 77 - 10/08/19 06:56 AM
Good question Jeff.

The system I use for trying to provide support (different to my main music computer) has an internet connection - and of course plenty of A/V software protection included.

I'm not aware of a way to specifically download demos. For me, they are just either there (already installed by a PGM Installer) or otherwise automatically available (via an Internet connection).

I don't know of a utility to automatically download them. Others may know more.
Posted By: MarioD Re: No Demo Files for RealTracks 77 - 10/08/19 08:57 AM
My music computer is off-line most of the time but I do not demo styles using the demo button. I always demo styles using my chord progression as I find this a more practical way to determine if said style fits my ideas. YMMV
Posted By: AudioTrack Re: No Demo Files for RealTracks 77 - 10/08/19 09:04 AM
Originally Posted By: MarioD
My music computer is off-line most of the time but I do not demo styles using the demo button. I always demo styles using my chord progression as I find this a more practical way to determine if said style fits my ideas. YMMV

Great point Mario. This is really the best way and I agree with you. The non availability of a demo isn't so critical.
Posted By: Jim Fogle Re: No Demo Files for RealTracks 77 - 10/08/19 02:28 PM
Jeff (MountainSide)

Some of the demo songs are available for download and offline use. Offline style demos are available +++ HERE +++

The offline style demo archive was last updated with the 2015 release.

Here is the webpage description of the download:
Quote:
This is an entirely optional zip download. It is mainly to benefit customers who use Band-in-a-Box on an offline computer (e.g. a studio computer that isn't connected to the internet).

With some of the style demo functions (for example, double-clicking on a style in the StylePicker), Band-in-a-Box will search online if it doesn't find the demo on your local hard disk. There are a few reasons why you might not have a particular demo on your local disk; perhaps you don't own that style but still want to audition it, or maybe you ordered a download-only copy of the program.

We have provided two ways you can get the files, you can either download the full 6.5 GB set of demo files as a single zip, or you can download the smaller separate zip below.
Posted By: danrohan Re: No Demo Files for RealTracks 77 - 10/08/19 04:06 PM
Of course my computer is connected to the internet ... jeeeezzz ... is that really even an adult asking a question like that? I'm not talking about *.WMA files or *.STY files .. I'M TALKING ABOUT *.MGU FILES FOR REALTRACKS 77. If you don't know what those are don't bother chiming in with some inane question ...
Posted By: Jim Fogle Re: No Demo Files for RealTracks 77 - 10/08/19 04:11 PM
Of course my computer is connected to the internet ... jeeeezzz ... is that really even an adult asking a question like that? I'm not talking about *.WMA files or *.STY files .. I'M TALKING ABOUT *.MGU FILES FOR REALTRACKS 77. If you don't know what those are don't bother chiming in with some inane question ...

danrohan,

Not to rain on your thunder but your initial post stated,
Quote:
Where are the RealTrack demo files for Set 77?
. Realtracks are audio files while a MGU file is a Band-in-a-Box song file.
Posted By: AudioTrack Re: No Demo Files for RealTracks 77 - 10/08/19 04:14 PM
What a disgraceful reply to people who are only trying to help you. If you don't share information how can any one know for certain what your configuration is. You have been insulting. Shame on you.
There is no demo file for that style.
Posted By: danrohan Re: No Demo Files for RealTracks 77 - 10/08/19 04:42 PM
I don't feel any shame from 'virtue' signaling. "No demo file" is what you should have written in the first place.
Posted By: AudioTrack Re: No Demo Files for RealTracks 77 - 10/08/19 09:03 PM
I don't feel any shame from 'virtue' signaling. "No demo file" is what you should have written in the first place.

Incorrect. I should not have responded at all.
To clarify, the demo files associated with RealTracks Set 77 are:

- There are about 15 .SGU demo songs in the "RealTracks77 Demos - Ballad, Stride & More" folder. (If you are missing this folder, I'm not sure why that would be - you could contact us and we'll look up your account etc.)

- There are about 7 styles (.STY files), each of which have Audio Style Demos, both online and offline (on your local disk), which can be auditioned by double-clicking from the StylePicker.

- There are about 15 band and solo audio demos "audition files" for the RealTracks instruments, both online and offline (in the RealTracks - Demos folder), that you can audition from the RealTracks Picker.
© PG Music Forums