PG Music Home
Posted By: Frank Alves Please Help-No BIAB - 10/12/19 03:10 PM
Suddenly BIAB won't open on my computer. The logo comes up on the screen but it just stays there. I have to "End task" with the Task Manager to close it.

We did have a power outage yesterday when it was running.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated as Tech Support is closed until Tuesday.

Thank you.

Frank
Posted By: AudioTrack Re: Please Help-No BIAB - 10/12/19 04:23 PM
Firstly, try this:

With BiaB shutdown, open your x:\bb\preferences\ folder. In that folder, rename the files intrface.bbw and Mysetup.dk (rename to anything, e.g. intrface_OLD.bbw).

(These files may be in the x:\bb\ folder depending on which version you have.)

Alternately, if you have the latest update file, perhaps you could try reinstalling from there in case the exe is corrupted.

I hope the first option works for you.
Posted By: Mike Head Re: Please Help-No BIAB - 10/12/19 04:36 PM
Hi
if the above doesn't do the trick try this.
You don’t say which version you have but no matter as long as you can get to the forum if it is the latest version just download the latest update .

Or if an older version download the latest update for that version.

As BIAB wont run there should be need to worry about switching it of which you must do normally before installing the update.
That may just rebuild enough to get you going worth a try before more drastic methods
Mike
Posted By: MarioD Re: Please Help-No BIAB - 10/12/19 05:08 PM
Frank, the best way to prevent this from happening again is to purchase and Uninterrupted Power Supply (UPS):

https://www.amazon.com/APC-Battery-Prote...2xpY2s9dHJ1ZQ==

When the power goes out or there is a brown out the battery in the UPS powers your computer and monitor so you can safely shut down. I have one on every computer here. Some people put them on their TV and audio systems.
Posted By: Frank Alves Re: Please Help-No BIAB - 10/12/19 05:25 PM
Thanks for all the help!

I did download the latest update again, but still the same.

I'll try VideoTrack's suggestion and see what happens.

Also good suggestion MarioD.

Frank
Posted By: Frank Alves Re: Please Help-No BIAB - 10/12/19 05:42 PM
VideoTrack it worked. You saved me! I needed a drum track for church tomorrow.

Any ideas of what happened and what did your fix do?

Thanks again!

Frank
Posted By: AudioTrack Re: Please Help-No BIAB - 10/12/19 07:38 PM
Originally Posted By: Frank Alves
VideoTrack it worked. You saved me! I needed a drum track for church tomorrow.

Any ideas of what happened and what did your fix do?

Thanks again!

Frank

Great Frank, glad you got it going.

These files contain your preference settings, and obviously got corrupted with the power outage. When you reset to factory defaults, BiaB resets the content of these files. Because you couldn't start, you couldn't reset, however, if these files don't exist, BiaB creates new ones using factory defaults. So deleting them caused the program to reset everything when it next started.
© PG Music Forums