PG Music Home
Hi
Been a user for decades but just got back into it with purchase of 2019. iirc we used to be able to import a wave file(song) say moody blues and create a style using the imported song as the building blocks for the style.
I know about the audio wizard but iirc we used to import the audio and create the style based on the song. I am not interested in the chords.
Thanks-Hope I was clear enough
Frank
Hi Frank,

Welcome to the forums and welcome back to BIAB.

I've been using BIAB since 2006 and I don't ever recall being able to use audio files to make styles. It is possible to use MIDI files, though. I wonder if these are what you might have used in the past?

Hunt around the internet until you find a MIDI that has been created that reflects the song in the best possible light and then use that to assemble a style. This will be a MIDI style, though, and will not help with selecting Realtrack for that style.

If you want to find out what RTs might be appropriate for a particular song, in Stylepicker (up in the top right corner), there is a song filter. Type in your song's name and if it's in BIAB's data base, suggestions will appear in the bottom window.

Hope this information helps,
Noel

© PG Music Forums