PG Music Home
This is one of those problems I had years ago but now it has re-occurred and I cannot for the life of me remember how I solved it.

I use an external synth and always use the option "pause play until midi or key received" so that BIAB starts in sync with the first key I press on my keyboard. I also use the option "play from current position" so that I can start from any bar by clicking on it. This gives me the yellow flag "payback paused until MIDI key pressed" The problem is that just occasionally when I select a bar a midi note immediately sounds continuously even before I start to play. The problem is very intermittent and is not related to a particular song or style. It is midi related, not real tracks.

Can anyone help to jog my aging memory?

Thanks
Tony
Hi Tony

Ah the stuck midi note what a pain.
Stuck notes are normally caused by sending a note on, but not followed by note off,
Therefore the note plays on .
Can you think of anything you do that might cause you, to send note on when you press the key but not send note off when you release it.
This can happen if you hold on to the note and then send the same note again the note off for the first note is still not sent and you get overlapping notes of the same note.

There is a panic button that will stop all stuck notes under the midi icon at the top of the old Gui (control T)
Mike
Hi Mike

I don't think this is anything to do with stuck notes - F12 usually clears stuck notes.

The note sounds when I click on a bar with my mouse in order to set the yellow flag "playback paused until midi or key pressed"

Tony
I noticed this happen occasionally when using WAS audio drivers. One solution is to go to Audio | Drivers/Settings | Audio Drivers, and uncheck 'Output always on'.
Thanks Andrew

I always have Asio "Always On" unchecked because otherwise the first bar skips ahead (stutters) when the song starts.
The original problem I described above seems to have disappeared, at least for now, so I am now further ahead.

Tony
© PG Music Forums