PG Music Home
BIAB 2018, When I replace a midi track in a midi style with a real track, save a song, close BIAB app. Run Biab, reload the song, real track won't play .
This is a bug for me. grin
Have you tried hitting the "return to factory settings" button. It cures a world of pain in BIAB.
Hi Vincente,

In addition to Dan's excellent suggestions, just to clarify.... When you reload the song, do you then press the "Generate" button?

Regards,
Noel
Reset Factory settings won't work
After, reload the song with a real track which I replaced from a midi track, click 'Generate' button/icon. It won't work.
I must reload the midi track, then replace with a real track again and (Re)-generate, it'll work. It's pain. cry
I’m not an expert on this one.

But isn’t the MIDI track being reloaded by the style? I would do this by creating a new style from scratch, simply choosing what I want on each track.

No doubt there is probably a way to edit the style, but my way doesn’t take much effort.
Hi again, Vincente,

This is worth a try as it sometimes makes a difference...

1. Close BIAB if it is open.

2. Right-click on the BIAB start-up icon and select "Run as administrator".

3. Open your saved style and see if BIAB works correctly.

Regards,
Noel
Thank you Noel96,

I always run BIAB with Admin. account. It won't work.
But the Drums track is no problem when you replace MIDI to real drum track
Hi Vincente.

Just to clarify in case it is useful information... "Run as administrator" is not the same as logging into Windows as administrator. So, if you didn't try "Run as admin", it is still worth a try.

Also, have you excluded your \bb folder from being checked by your anti-virus software? Not doing this can cause issues sometimes.

That said, when Windows starts doing something that it never used to, "Return to factory" is always a good thing to try. This is found under the "Options" menu on the uppermost menu bar. Use the "MOST" settings to begin with.

(It's a good idea to save your current settings before returning to factory settings. The option to do this is also under the Options menu.)

Lastly, have you tried changing MIDI to Realtracks in two or three different songs? It could be that the songfile you are working from has some kind of glitch.

Regards,
Noel

© PG Music Forums