PG Music Home
I really should remember this - but I cant! blush
There is a toggle "somewhere" to turn off or on the RealDrums cymbal crash that occurs on SHot and Hold (X... or X..)chords.
Its not AFAIK in Options-Prefs -RealDrums
I turned it off at some point and now I'd like it back please - but WHERE is it! lol!! crazy
Cheers
ian
Hi Ian

Take a look at the bottom left of the Arrangements Option in Arrange in Prefs

Hope ths is what you are looking for

jazzman
There are a few things that might work:

Attached picture 2019-11-07_01-26-52.jpg
Attached picture 2019-11-07_01-32-52.jpg
Attached picture 2019-11-07_01-52-27.jpg
Hi Jazzman and Trev
Many thanks guys
Quite so - its in "Arrange" not in "RealDrums".
Brain Fade, I guess.
"First bar of CHORUS gets a drum cymbal crash" - its actually every time you change or add a Part Marker. As all my SGUs are 'unfolded' to ONE long Chorus, if it were as described, I'd only get one at the start.
BTW - It doesnt cymbal crash on both if you put, say, 2 part markers together - to get a 2 bar drum fill. Well, it doesnt when I do it. lol!
Ian
Good points.

Possibly related, on the more recent versions of BIAB, you can control the part markers and fills separately. VideoTrack showed this above in the second screen shot. I don't actually know what effect that might have on a cymbal crash.

I did uncheck that checkbox about a crash on the first bar of the first chorus.

Not sure the MIDI Push Velocity has any effect on RealDrums?
Hi Ian,

Here's another option to try:

Use the Simple button to select the Drums track, and if the Drums track has been set to be simple, the Drum track plays using a more basic arrangement, and is not supposed to play fills or post fills which should include cymbal crashes. Maybe yours could be set to Simple there?

HTH
Trev

Attached picture 2019-11-07_05-37-40.jpg
R
Originally Posted By: VideoTrack
Hi Ian,

Here's another option to try:

Use the Simple button to select the Drums track, and if the Drums track has been set to be simple, the Drum track plays using a more basic arrangement, and is not supposed to play fills or post fills which should include cymbal crashes. Maybe yours could be set to Simple there?

HTH
Trev

Hi Trev
Thanks for the extra thought. It wasn't that smile
It was the Prefs-Arrange toggle.
I have used the 'simple' RD toggle a few times and its a very useful feature if you want a drum track thats more in the background as it were.
BTW - your GUI looks different. Was it 'customised' by you?
Ian
© PG Music Forums