PG Music Home
I just installed 2019 Ultrapak and when I choose Style Picker, "show all categories", I get this:
"Everything Jazz (UltraPak - 2,213) (Found - 1,910)"
Seems like it isn't seeing about 303 Jazz Styles.
I went to Options/Preferences/RealTracks and my folder is pointed to the correct location, (same for Drums).
Also, I went to StylePicker and then clicked on "Rebuild". The first time I did that I got from about 600 up to the 1,910.
Any ideas? Thanks.
Did you upgrade from an earlier version (before 2018)? If so, there is a Cleanup routine you could run to make sure the files are all properly reorganized.
Yes, I agree, try the Cleanup routine.
It is available from Help > Utilities > Run Cleanup Routine
Hi,

The "total" # is more because it's including some special purpose .STY files that are not supposed to actually appear in the StylePicker. Instead, here is how you should determine what's available, what you have, and what you are missing.

1 - Press Rebuild in the StylePicker (Fast rebuild is ok). If you did a slow rebuild, BB will also look for User and third party styles (i.e. ones that PG Music didn't make) and add them to the StylePicker.
2 - Click the Clear button so that there are no filters.
3 - Click on the the Other drop-down | Show styles that are found/not found --> select "Show ALL styles".

The number at top left is now the total number of styles available from PG Music regardless of which package you have, as of the date of the latest version/build you have installed, and they are shown in the StylePicker whether you have them or not. Styles that you don't have show as N/A (not available). You can't load and use these styles in your song, but you can demo them by double-clicking, and a pre-made demo will play from our servers as long as your PC is online.

If you want to only show styles that you don't have, click on Other | Show styles that are found/not found --> select "Show ONLY N/A styles".

Now you will see only those styles that you don't have. Once again you can get the total count from the number at the top left of the StylePicker. It is often useful to sort by date or Set# and this will give you an idea of where these styles came from.

Similarly, you can select a specific Category / Genre from the Category menu -- if you are using this as a method to count styles, you will also want to UNCHECK the "Include Similar" checkbox.
Thanks Andrew for the clarifications.
This might be a good item for the Tips and Tricks section?
I just tried the Search feature in the StylePicker. Can anybody advise it they also get 2 Found item options in succession?

Attached picture 2019-11-09_10-03-07.jpg
That's a small bug with the menu - there should only be a single menu item there.
Originally Posted By: Andrew - PG Music
That's a small bug with the menu - there should only be a single menu item there.

Thanks Andrew. No doubt easily resolved by your team.
© PG Music Forums