PG Music Home
Posted By: RonaldC MIDI Output Drive not found - 11/12/19 05:34 PM
Hi All - I'm new to the forum. Have had BIAB for some time but used sparingly. I play a Korg Pa4X Arranger Keyboard and have used BIAB successfully in the past to output chords to drive the keyboard. Now for some reason, I can't get it to work. BIAB does not recognize the Korg USB-MIDI driver as a MIDI output driver. Windows has it listed as a properly working device. VSTi in unchecked. Suggestions appreciated. thanks in advance
Posted By: jazzmammal Re: MIDI Output Drive not found - 11/12/19 06:18 PM
Welcome to the forum, hope you stick around and add your input here.

I have the Pa3X and love it and I would also love to get the 4 but looking at my sig below, you can see I have enough keyboards already and I have others I haven't listed. I keep saying I'll sell some but you know how that goes.

I'm thinking you may need to download and install the latest driver:

Pa4X Driver Download

Bob
Posted By: RonaldC Re: MIDI Output Drive not found - 11/13/19 03:31 PM
First thanks for the response and suggestion. It was a driver problem but not so simple.

Turns out the Win 10 update earlier this year screwed up the older Korg driver. Lots of info and regedit fixes on line. However, Korg has since released a new driver, version 31 but it did not seem to solve my problem. (That's when I posted.) While poking around on line some more, I learned that version 33 was available on the Korg Japan support site. Removed the old, restarted, loaded version 33, restarted … all seems back to normal.

By the way, the 4X is a great keyboard but as you probably know if you follow the Korg Forum, many think the 3X is was one of the best they ever made. I moved from the 2X to the 4X so improvements were much more dramatic for me.

Again, thanks.
Posted By: sslechta Re: MIDI Output Drive not found - 11/13/19 04:02 PM
Thanks for sharing the solution. It may help someone else down the road. Still running an old N5 synth here....
Posted By: jazzmammal Re: MIDI Output Drive not found - 11/13/19 10:50 PM
Glad you got it sorted, funny that Korg Japan has a newer driver than the site I found. I do read the Korg forums fairly often and you'll see my username occasionally. I know they changed a lot going from the 3 to the 4 but the 4 seems to have way more and higher quality audio samples from what I read. Never had a chance to play one though, I was at NAMM a few years ago but the Korg area was packed, I couldn't get anywhere near one.

Bob
Posted By: Alain Benard Re: MIDI Output Drive not found - 11/26/19 07:00 PM
Hello, I also have the Korg PA4X, I installed the driver found on the Korg Japan site, my midi in and out are now recognized, here is the file, cordially
http://www.mediafire.com/file/1wl04m25mguu0os/DrvTools_1_15_r33e.zip/file
© PG Music Forums