PG Music Home
I upgraded computers recently re-installed BIAB 2018 Megapack off of the supplied USB flash drive.

I did the rebuild thing on the styles selector.

Then I loaded and old song and got a bunch of "style not found" "real tracks not found" errors.

The old computer showed over 4,000 styles.
New shows only 2,600 or so.

Question.......
Do I need to install all of my old version of BIAB first?
I have 2010, 2017 and 2018.

I also sent a note to techsupport

Thanks
Just log in to your support link at the top of these forum pages. All your previous downloads on all versions you have purchased should be there to download.
Also, if you have purchased Bonus Paks over the years, find the installers for those and run them.
Good information above.

Not sure, but it may also be beneficial to try Help > Utilities > Run Cleanup Routine, then rebuild the StylePicker.
I found my BIAB 2011 hard drive, and 2017 and 2018 USB drives.
I'll start with 2011 and install all of them and see how it goes.

Thanks for the tips
Originally Posted By: Marty Ricciotti
I found my BIAB 2011 hard drive, and 2017 and 2018 USB drives.
I'll start with 2011 and install all of them and see how it goes.

Thanks for the tips

Just wondering did you have the Ultra Pak from those years as they usually come on a hard drive.

If so, as you mention 2018 Mega pak, on reflection if that is really the case, then it might have been just as cost effective to have bought the 2018 Ultra pak upgrade.

It can be confusing at times getting the right upgrade Pak sorted out.

Hope you get it sorted.
Also, while you can download previous versions of PGMusic programs, your PGMusic account does not contain any programs prior to 2015.
but presumably all styles prior to 2015 are still available? some of mine came on floppy disc so a reinstall would not find them if styles prior to 2015 aren't there.
Thanks for all the tips and helpful information everybody.

I hunted around in my software and computer cables box and found this.

BIAB 2011 EverythingPAK on a 2.5" hard drive!

I installed it last night.
It took more than an hour to install more than 40GB of data.

Fired up BIAB2011 a few minutes ago and voila!
My new song plays fine and all the styles were there.

Amazing that I didn't know I bought the fancy version then and never really learned how to use it.
That is also about the time I had 2 sons' playing travel baseball.

Now i'm installing Band-in-a-Box© and RealBand 2017 MegaPAK !

Then 2017_49pak
The 2018 Megapak

Should be in good shape after this
Thanks for reporting back. Very good.
I'm still a bit concerned about my old styles - all midi of course. I had a load of styles for my 2008 version and got a lot of new ones when I upgraded to 2018 and then 2019. All my new real styles show as downloadable but midi styles don't. Should I back up all my styles? Presumably the styles aren't large files - it's just the real tracks that go with them that are large. midi styles are very small I know.
Originally Posted By: Bob Calver
I'm still a bit concerned about my old styles - all midi of course. I had a load of styles for my 2008 version and got a lot of new ones when I upgraded to 2018 and then 2019. All my new real styles show as downloadable but midi styles don't. Should I back up all my styles? Presumably the styles aren't large files - it's just the real tracks that go with them that are large. midi styles are very small I know.

The "pure" MIDI styles (no SuperTracks, no loops, no Xtra styles, no RealTracks, Drums) are all included with the Band-in-a-Box install, they aren't separate installs. A "mega" or "full" install would contain all of these. The StylePicker will show you all styles that have ever been made by PG Music. [If you are looking for a replacement install that is expired / no longer available in your account, contact us]
thanks Andrew. as an upgrade from BIAB 2008 with some extra styles discs i bought the 2018 ultrapak and then the 2019 pluspak upgrade and the 49 paks etc and then the full set of extra styles so all the latest stuff is in my download back ups. if the old midi styles are part of the main program install then a reinstall from scratch if i get a new pc would seems straightforward even if a bit lengthy!
© PG Music Forums