PG Music Home
Posted By: Westside Steve Glitch? - 11/20/19 04:20 PM
Okay so I have a project just about finished and I have a question. First of all earlier in the song I have a few measures of D in between verses. Second half of the measure I do that d, c meaning that I want to go down to C on the four count and back to D on the one count of the next measure. It works fine. Later near the end of the song I do a similar thing but the music just plays through like it's a D all the way across.

Anybody ever had this problem and have a grip on it?

thank you all
WSS
Posted By: Lloyd S Re: Glitch? - 11/20/19 10:00 PM
Steve:

If I understand the problem correctly, you would like two adjacent measures to play like this:

D D D C, D D D D

and that works OK for you in one part of the song but not in another.
If that is correct, I would try to put that same sequence into a NEW file,
and play it using the SAME STYLE and see if there's any problem.

If it works OK in a new file, try deleting it from your original one, then adding it back in. I don't see any reason why it wouldn't work no matter where you put it in the song.

Let us know.
Thanks!
LLOYD S
Posted By: Matt Finley Re: Glitch? - 11/20/19 10:02 PM
Just guessing:

Is it possible you froze the song then changed the 'similar thing' chords?

Is it possible you rendered an earlier version to audio then changed the 'similar thing' chords?

You could post the song for us to look at.

Also consider Return to Factory Settings, always a first step when gremlins appear.
Posted By: Jim Fogle Re: Glitch? - 11/20/19 10:56 PM
Another guess, by "near the end of the song" do you mean the last three or four bars?

The reason I ask is the last four or two bars of a song project play a preset ending that is part of the style. A workaround is to extend the end setting beyond the song ending. For example lets bar 32 is presently set as the song end, change the setting to 36 or 40, change the last chord to a shot or hold and then don't program any additional chords.
Posted By: Westside Steve Re: Glitch? - 11/23/19 04:07 PM
Thank you Lloyd.
If there's no easy way I will start over from scratch with the same style and see if that works.
Matt I never freeze anything unless I inadvertently hit a button somewhere. I am going to send a copy of the file 2pg support and if they can't figure it out I will post it here. Thanks
Jim thanks but no it's quite a few bars before the end of the song. The ending is also coming out weird but that's a different story for a different post.

I'll keep you posted gentlemen

WSS
Posted By: sixchannel Re: Glitch? - 11/26/19 09:01 PM
Just caught this.
I've had this too, where a drop chord phase like yours works some of the time.
When copy and pasted into position ( note - not manually added) I get re-gens where it ignores it and plays straight through. But not always. If I get a good one I quit whilst I'm ahead and freeze the tracks.
I put it down to a BB quirk.
Ian
Posted By: Westside Steve Re: Glitch? - 12/06/19 01:05 PM
Hi boys just for the record I figured this one out finally. What I had done near the end of the song is changed one of the measures into a 2 count instead of a 4 count and neglected to switch back for the next one. Since it's kind of a Bluegrass thing the ending didn't sound weird. But that did mean the dropping the note on the 4th count didn't register.
What does not kill us makes us stronger.
WSS
Posted By: Lloyd S Re: Glitch? - 12/06/19 05:24 PM
Thanks for letting us know Steve!
© PG Music Forums