PG Music Home
Posted By: Montxo Exporting to MP3 problems - 11/25/19 12:14 PM
In my song, I have REAL STYLES and an imported MIDI track in the MELODY Track with several tracks inside (most of them are MUTED).....
when hit PLAY it sounds properly, but when exporting audio many times the some of the muted tracks are played. Somo other times , it does not.
The results is very unstable. Sometime sounds sometimes it doesnot.
A BUG?

THanks,
Montxo
Posted By: AudioTrack Re: Exporting to MP3 problems - 11/25/19 01:02 PM
Which version (year / build) of BiaB are you using?
Posted By: Montxo Re: Exporting to MP3 problems - 11/25/19 04:01 PM
Hi,
I am using BIAB 2019 - 634 - 64 bits

I must say that often when PLAY, a random muted MIDI tracks start to sound suddenly even if these are muted. The behaviour to the app is not reliable often
Thanks
Posted By: Noel96 Re: Exporting to MP3 problems - 11/25/19 07:40 PM
Hi Monxto,

If I am reading your post correctly...

This sounds like it could be due to the channels of the multiMIDI Melody track picking up the channels of BIAB's tracks.

For example, even though you are using Realstyles, BIAB sets aside MIDI channels for its tracks. These are on the TOP graphic below. (found under "Preferences | Channels")

With that in mind, if you have (say) channel 2 on your melody track MIDI muted, BIAB will still be setting channel 2 to Bass. Thus, using this example, channel 2 might be muted in one place (i.e. Melody track) and unmuted in another place (i.e. Bass track). This could potentially confuse BIAB.

To check if this is the problem, click on the green SEQ button and use the "Edit" option at the end of each of the MIDI tracks to re-channel any MIDI sound that is on any of the below MIDI channels set aside for BIAB tracks. This SEQ editing is on the BOTTOM graphic below.

Regards,
Noel

Attached picture midi channels.JPG
Attached picture SEQ rechannel MIDI.JPG
Posted By: Montxo Re: Exporting to MP3 problems - 11/26/19 02:08 PM
Hi Noel,
great explanation.
I was not aware of the interaction of MIDI assignments of BIAB track with the multichannel imported MIDI file loaded on the Melody track.
Regarding the EDIT windows to manipulate the multichannel MIDI file I have been using it in the last days and to me is not very stable. Maybe it also makes interferences with the ProgramChange assingment by the MID FIlE and the changes made in this windows.

I keep trying with the help of your explanations.
Thanks a lot.

Montxo
Posted By: sslechta Re: Exporting to MP3 problems - 11/26/19 03:15 PM
Originally Posted By: Montxo
Maybe it also makes interferences with the ProgramChange assingment by the MID FIlE and the changes made in this windows.

Yes, that is possible. If you have MIDI Program Change commands in the file that could interfere with what you are trying to do in BIAB.
Posted By: jazzmammal Re: Exporting to MP3 problems - 11/27/19 04:21 PM
This is a great example of why and when it's better to use Real Band. RB is a full DAW with full midi capabilities. You open your midi file in RB, click yes to separate all tracks, and each part of the file is displayed on individual tracks that are easy to see. Then you go to an empty track, select a style, select an instrument and start generating Biab tracks that can work with that midi file. You have 48 tracks to play with so plenty of room to experiment.

Bob
© PG Music Forums