PG Music Home
Posted By: Bob Calver equalise tempo - new feature - 12/01/19 11:27 AM
If you have an audio file that wasn't recorded at a fixed tempo, you can change so that the tempos in the audio are all at the same. We call this an "equalization" of the tempos.....that's what the website says

that's appealing to me as I have a song recorded without a click track a friend wants me to add to and so far clicking bar lines hasn't actually got everything spot on.

is this new feature easier to use? and does it extend to RealBand which I would prefer to work in.

otherwise i presume i'll have to open in BIAB, save and then open in RB.

I'll be upgrading anyweay but at the moment i'm jsut curious

Posted By: Brian Hughes Re: equalise tempo - new feature - 12/01/19 12:52 PM
It uses the Audio Chord Wizard to do this function in BIAB. You have to set the bar markers like you normally do and then you can equalize. I don't use RB but I think it does have the Audio Chord Wizard?
Posted By: jazzmammal Re: equalise tempo - new feature - 12/01/19 01:30 PM
Yes, it does.

Bob
Posted By: Pipeline Re: equalise tempo - new feature - 12/03/19 09:57 AM
Yes RealBand will create an accurate tempo map better than BB.
To get it to a constant tempo create a midi metronome track in RealBand then drop that into Reaper importing the tempo map, now you can drop the wav in to Reaper then run the script:
Script: ReaTrak set tempo mapped items in selection to constant tempo.lua
Posted By: Bob Calver Re: equalise tempo - new feature - 12/03/19 10:16 AM
sadly i still have to click in the bar lines (I don't have Reaper) in RB and as the tempo doesn't waver too much I'm not bothered about constant tempo. once i get the bar lines correct i can use lops and realtracks as per normal.

so its back to screen staring and dragging bar lines.............
Posted By: Pipeline Re: equalise tempo - new feature - 12/03/19 04:44 PM
Is it just guitar/vocal they gave you or has it got a drum beat in it ?

Reaper is free to try n try
https://forum.cockos.com/showthread.php?p=2142463#post2142463
Posted By: rharv Re: equalise tempo - new feature - 12/03/19 09:24 PM
I sometimes find it faster to use the F8 key to set the bar markers; once in the ACW click Play and tap F8 key on the first bar of each measure.
RB will adjust them on the fly and start calculating ahead.

After a dozen bars or so it gets pretty accurate, then there are much fewer that need to be dragged a bit.

Just a way I find faster/easier than dragging every bar line..
© PG Music Forums