PG Music Home
Posted By: Daniel Donval Band-in-a-Box: multiple instances - 12/10/19 05:05 PM
Bonjour,

The option "allow multiple instances ..." in Preferences dialog disappears once the modification is validated with with OK.
I suppose it's a bug.
Daniel

Attached picture Capture.PNG
Posted By: AudioTrack Re: Band-in-a-Box: multiple instances - 12/10/19 05:47 PM
Bonjour Daniel,

I am interpreting that the check-mark clears after pressing OK. Is that correct?

What version of BiaB do you have?

There has been an issue reported previously that multiple-instances can run even if this check-box is unchecked. I'll bring this post to the attention of the developers.
Posted By: Daniel Donval Re: Band-in-a-Box: multiple instances - 12/11/19 07:04 AM
Bonjour,

Yes, the check mark disappears after pressing OK.
I run BIAB 2020.
Merci
Daniel
ps: i am your french translator
Posted By: MartinB Re: Band-in-a-Box: multiple instances - 12/11/19 07:32 AM
Check mark stays put here, yet multiple instances may pop up even if this checkmark is not present . . .
Posted By: AudioTrack Re: Band-in-a-Box: multiple instances - 12/11/19 07:47 AM
Originally Posted By: MartinB
Check mark stays put here, yet multiple instances may pop up even if this checkmark is not present . . .

I get the same results. Regardless of check-mark setting, multiple instances can be launched.
Posted By: emstrjg Re: Band-in-a-Box: multiple instances - 03/29/20 03:20 PM
I know this discussion was a few months ago but wondered if anything came of it by way of solution. I have the same problem with 2020. It does not matter if the "allow multiple instances of band-in-a- box to be running" box in preferences is ticked or not it always opens another instance of BB when a song is clicked in Explorer. This did not happen in 2019. I have reinstalled it again plus the latest upgrade but to no avail.
Posted By: Matt Finley Re: Band-in-a-Box: multiple instances - 03/29/20 04:49 PM
I’m not aware of a patch for this yet. Videotrack was using BIAB 2020 when he last posted.
Posted By: AudioTrack Re: Band-in-a-Box: multiple instances - 03/29/20 09:50 PM
Some items that are presumably not incredibly difficult to resolve appear to sit a long way down on the 'todo' list.
© PG Music Forums