PG Music Home
Posted By: Brian Cadoret Upgrade 2018 to 2020 MegaPAK - 12/18/19 05:29 PM
Hi,
Thinking of upgrading from 2018 to 2020 MegaPAK which includes over 500 Realtracks.
Would anyone know what those Realtrack set numbers are or are they just a taster from various Realtrack sets?
The upgrade to UltraPAK is more specific saying it includes sets 1-352.
I don't want to be doubling up on any sets I already have with 2018.

Thanks
Brian
Posted By: Matt Finley Re: Upgrade 2018 to 2020 MegaPAK - 12/18/19 06:06 PM
I'm not sure that info is online. Perhaps give PG Music Sales a call or chat.
Posted By: Brian Cadoret Re: Upgrade 2018 to 2020 MegaPAK - 12/19/19 04:48 PM
Thanks Matt I have emailed PGMusic but haven't heard back as yet.
Its a shame they don't have that information available on site rather than having to email, it's a bit like buying something but you don't know what your getting.
Posted By: Andrew - PG Music Re: Upgrade 2018 to 2020 MegaPAK - 12/19/19 05:20 PM
Yes, it's a sampling of RealTracks from different sets.

The complete list is here:
https://www.pgmusic.com/bbwin.packages.mega.htm

Compared to 2017 and earlier, there are a large number of additional RealTracks. Compared to 2018-2019 the number is the same.
Posted By: Brian Cadoret Re: Upgrade 2018 to 2020 MegaPAK - 12/20/19 06:20 AM
Thank you Andrew for that I did look at the MegaPAK list but it still does not give an indication if any of the 2020 new Realtracks are included.
The PGMusic BIAB 2020 header says that there are 202 New RealTracks with BIAB 2020.
Are any of those 202 New Realtracks actually included with the 2020 MegaPAK upgrade, if so could you give an indication of which ones if any.
Brian
Posted By: Andrew - PG Music Re: Upgrade 2018 to 2020 MegaPAK - 12/20/19 06:20 PM
Hello Brian,

No, they are not - they are only included in the UltraPAK upgrades (or PlusPAK from previous version)
Posted By: rharv Re: Upgrade 2018 to 2020 MegaPAK - 12/21/19 12:30 AM
Brian,
The way I see it, the most economical way to get everything (and not double up moving forward) is to take the plunge for the Ultrapak one time. You may double up on some tracks this one time, but it is a one time plunge, and if updates/improvements have been made to your existing RealTracks you get those updates.
After you do this once the Pluspak simply gets you the new RTs and the new program (no more doubling up) moving forward.

This is why longtime users often suggest getting as much as you can right away.
If you can swing the Ultrapak once you'll never wonder if you have everything and get the complete updates & new RTs for the best price every year moving forward.

For first timer buyers that looks like $569, but if I were you I'd call them (or chat) and see if the 2018 upgrade/crossgrade option for $199 would be allowed for you since you have purchased a 2018 version previously.
Since you've bought once already I'm guessing you'll be good. Call it a hunch.
Can't hurt to try, and no harm no foul.

If so, you could get that and just go with Pluspak moving forward, save in the long run for the year-after-year updates and know you have everything every year.

Once you do this, all RTs are available as downloads in your PGMusic account, along with the current version.
I did find a spot to check your upgrade costs from a previous version
https://www.pgmusic.com/bbwin.packages.htm
Scroll down a bit

Personally I'd just call and ask though .. or chat
Posted By: Brian Cadoret Re: Upgrade 2018 to 2020 MegaPAK - 12/21/19 04:21 PM

Now I've looked at the MegaPAK upgrade list it seems that no RealTracks from BIAB 2020 or BIAB 2019 are included.

Thanks rharv for your input I've decided to go for the UltraPAK upgrade especially as it's on sale. smile

Brian
© PG Music Forums