PG Music Home
Posted By: Bob Calver why am i missing andy laverne? - 12/25/19 06:57 PM
I thought i had bought everything but the addons list in BIAB says I am missing Soloist Disk Sets : 12 Andy Laverne Mainstream, 13 Andy Laverne Pentatonic

any explanation - even though i don't actually know what they are!
Posted By: Noel96 Re: why am i missing andy laverne? - 12/25/19 07:12 PM
Hi Bob,

As I understand it, and I could be wrong, the Andy Laverne soloists have restrictions placed on them by the performer. Once, quite a while ago, they were included in a $49 BonusPak. As far as I recall, though, that has only ever happened once. Since that time, these soloists have been sold as separate items. (This is one of the reasons that I always install new versions of BIAB over the top of existing versions -- just in case I have something from a bonus pack that I'll never get again!)

I did a little research and if you go to the link below, you'll find the MIDI Soloists sets that are included with the UltraPak and Audiophile BIAB editions. Sets 12 - 15 are not included in this list.

https://www.pgmusic.com/addons.soloists.php?os=win

By comparison, the below MIDI Artist Soloists (i.e. Sets 12 - 15) are listed as available for sale but not included with any BIAB packages.

https://www.pgmusic.com/addons.artistsoloists.php?os=win

Regards,
Noel

Posted By: Bob Calver Re: why am i missing andy laverne? - 12/26/19 07:16 AM
thanks Noel. interesting that I have 14 and 15 Jeff Lorber but not Andy. However a jazz pianist is no great loss as far as I am concerned I was just curious.
Posted By: jazzmammal Re: why am i missing andy laverne? - 12/26/19 11:08 PM
Oh, Oh, what a slap in the face! Merry Christmas to you too, you old Grinch.

Just kidding, I could be a jazz accordionist...

Bob
Posted By: Bob Calver Re: why am i missing andy laverne? - 12/27/19 06:52 AM
Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year to you too! As you've guessed, as a guitarist I agree with Woody Guthrie that using more than three chords is just showing off...........
Posted By: fiddler2007 Re: why am i missing andy laverne? - 12/28/19 08:53 AM
If you bought Lorber/Laverne once, just mail support, i had the same situation. Regarding Woody; how right he was.
© PG Music Forums