PG Music Home
Posted By: Masi Style change not reflected in sub-style picker? - 12/28/19 01:07 PM
Hi!

I've changed the style within the bar settings dialog. On playback I hear the changes.

But when I open the part marker drop down the sub-styles are listed for the style of the song.

More confusion happens when I add a custom c/d style to the song:
As long as I do not use another bar setting to switch back to the song's style (BTW, no handy shortcut within dialog, need to fiddle wth the picker again), the sub-style change has no effect at all. At least it hasn't one when I'm using a style that comes with the usal a/b but no c/d.

Anything I could have done wrong or is this a glitch in the UI?

Masi
Hello Masi,

The only issue I see here is that if you have switched to a new style using the bar settings dialog, when you right-click on a part marker after the style change it still displays the displays the original style for A and B. I agree it would be better if it displayed the new style, and I suspect that can be fixed.

Quote:
As long as I do not use another bar setting to switch back to the song's style (BTW, no handy shortcut within dialog, need to fiddle wth the picker again), the sub-style change has no effect at all.

The C/D substyles and other substyles are defined as specific styles and are not affected by the bar settings dialog, so I'm not sure what you are expecting here. To clear a style change, open the bar settings dialog and press the Clear Sty button, then you don't have to use the StylePicker.
© PG Music Forums