PG Music Home
Posted By: PhillyJazz Customizing feature buttons - 01/08/20 05:21 PM
I could swear I knew how to do this once upon a time .. Maybe with a previous version??

I bought a copy for an elderly friend, and though he has a decent sized monitor, BIAB is more or less "compressed" at his resolution.

I also bought him a USB mike and a set of headphones thinking he could record some sax along with changes. Unfortunately, the "Record MIDI" button is where the "Record Audio" button should be for him. I know it can be accessed with the chevrons (or by un-docking the mixer)but the guy is over 85 and I want to make things as simple as possible. This is on the "Transport" section.

I'd also like to be able to put "Song Form" in a visible position so he can add or delete intros, etc.

Any ideas?
Posted By: AudioTrack Re: Customizing feature buttons - 01/08/20 05:34 PM
What is the computer screen display resolution that is being used?

Does pressing Control-T to deliver the older/alternative style display assist?
Posted By: PhillyJazz Re: Customizing feature buttons - 01/09/20 01:11 PM
I'm thinking it's probably 1280x720 or some such. He has a good monitor but a primitive graphics card. Ctrl-T toggles between big chord display (with minimal controls at top) and the "normal" screen (such as normal is at that resolution.)
Posted By: AudioTrack Re: Customizing feature buttons - 01/09/20 04:49 PM
I suppose it's worth checking that the screen resolution is running the native resolution value (the recommended value, see attachment).

While understanding the intention to keep the operations simple, the keyboard command: <Ctrl> R will also launch the record MIDI dialog.

Attached picture 2020-01-10_06-46-21.jpg
© PG Music Forums