PG Music Home
Hi all

Some advice needed please.
Normally I upgrade every year by adding the current plus pack over the last years build.
However this year I have not, as I don’t see anything to tempt me and I have enough styles and realtracks to throw a stick at.
So I decided that bi annual updates would be more economical even though missing a year makes the next update a bit more expensive than annual updates.
I just need to confirm that all I would lose from this method of updating is the bonus pack that is bundled with each annual update,

Is that the case? Or do many of them find there way into future updates any way.

Don’t want to leave to many holes and finish up with a load of not found in the future.
I currently have 2019 ultra with 6406 styles.

Thanks
Mike
Yeah, I think that's all you lose Mike. I just started that by doing 2018 and now getting 2020. Upgrading every 2 years will work better for me as I'll get more feature updates by waiting.
Yes the Bonus paks + any 49 paks which are an additional cost anyways.

But just thinking about this the economics of this don't really work out that well.

2x plus paks over two years at $99 each is total $198
To upgrade a Ultra pak from 2018 to 2020 is $169.

so that would be a saving only of $29 over the two year period.

Can't sees prices changing much along these lines in the next two years.
I have never been entirely sure how to answer this either, so I usually don’t try. I think the answer is Maybe. I think some Bonus pak material might be rolled into the regular offering in future years, but not all of it. And I have not done the research to be sure, so that’s just an impression.
Hi
Thanks for all your replies.
Yes I do realise that there is no great financial saving in going bi annually.
But at least I would only get I year of continual upgrading the current versions, and all the previous years snag should be ironed out (fingers crossed) seems to upgrade right up to Sept through many patches each year , this way at least
They will be half done.
I give it a try all though I suspect that some years there will be some must have .
Oh well the best made plans of mice and men and all that.
Mike
© PG Music Forums