PG Music Home
Posted By: Warren Keller RT/RD Player Credits - 02/03/20 07:42 AM
What about crediting RT/RD players? Although PGM names the players, provides their bios, and uses 'tracks by_' as a selling point, the official stance is that users should not credit the musicians. This is because the software processes the short takes into full performances, under the users' control. Still, telling the user not to credit them if the user wishes to, doesn't seem fair or enforceable to me, and to the best of my knowledge, it's not stated in BIAB terms of use? If I want to credit great players on commercial releases, shouldn't I be able to? Is there something I might be missing, something in the agreements between session players and PGM? Thanks!
Posted By: MartinB Re: RT/RD Player Credits - 02/03/20 08:05 AM
That's been answered -> here

Originally Posted By: PeterGannon

There isn't a **need** to put any credit for using RealTracks on your recordings.

If you **want to** add credits, that would be fine. I would stick to saying "Band-in-a-Box" or "RealTracks", you shouldn't menion artist names, since that might be confusing..
Posted By: Warren Keller Re: RT/RD Player Credits - 02/03/20 08:58 AM
Thanks Martin, the nature of Dr. Gannon's statement there is good enough for me. "If you **want to** add credits, that would be fine." While he suggests not naming players to avoid "confusion," he doesn't say it shouldn't/can't be done. That is contrary to my email with PGM's CIO, who stated "you should not credit players" (due to software and user manipulation). Additional comments from Peter, other official PGM, or fellow users are welcome. Thank you!
© PG Music Forums