PG Music Home
Posted By: DC Ron BiaB VST skipping measures? - 02/04/20 07:58 PM
Am trying to get the VST to show the chords being played over the BiaB tracks I've already imported into Studio One. The first 35 bars are fine. But when I get to bar 36 the VST skips to bar 40 and remains offset by 4 bars. Anyone seen this or have advice on how to fix? This is the 3rd time this has happened as I've experimented with how to get the most out of the VST. Have been wishing/assuming the next update will fix it, but I'm up to date at build 713. Thx!
Posted By: t-break Re: BiaB VST skipping measures? - 03/21/20 07:35 PM

Hi DC Ron,

I don't have an answer for you but have just put up a post regarding the same issue. I bring in to Cakewalk via the BIAB VST and playback through the VST shows the highlighter on the Bars skipping 4x Bars at around

the same point in my songs. What I have noticed however, in my first 3x songs, whilst this was happening when playing back through the VST, after dragging the tracks into Cakewalk, they were intact and as they should

be. It's only with my 4th and latest song that the issue in the VST messes up my ending.

Keep an eye on my post as I see that you haven't had any response to yours. And fingers crossed.

All the best,

Chris
Posted By: DrDan Re: BiaB VST skipping measures? - 03/21/20 09:58 PM
Tell me this guys, how long have you been using the BIAB-VST? Are you aware there is a very long running series of threads pointing out the ongoing issues with this app going back over a year? I suspect you are new to it, but please correct me if I am wrong. Has it been working well for you up to this time?
Posted By: t-break Re: BiaB VST skipping measures? - 03/21/20 10:18 PM

Hi MusicStudent,

I am new to BIAB and know there is a lot to learn. I searched the Forum and only found DC Ron's post which no-one had responded to since 4th Feb. However, since posting above and since posting my own thread a few hours ago,

I have found that my issues with the VST are no longer a problem because they are circumvented by using the 'DAW' button in BIAB standalone (top left corner - DC Ron). Using this method to bring a BIAB song into your DAW is problem free.

PG Music would do well (in my HUMBLE opinion as a newbie), to remove their video showing how to use the VST and highlight their video using the 'DAW' button method. SIMPLE.

I have now created 4x songs in BIAB and each time I have used the VST method to bring it into Cakewalk because that was the instructional video that I watched. What more can be said ??

All the best

Chris
Posted By: Pipeline Re: BiaB VST skipping measures? - 03/21/20 11:47 PM
Originally Posted By: DC Ron
Am trying to get the VST to show the chords being played over the BiaB tracks ..

Studio One Chords from Biab Plugin
Posted By: Pipeline Re: BiaB VST skipping measures? - 03/21/20 11:55 PM
Originally Posted By: t-break

...PG Music would do well (in my HUMBLE opinion as a newbie), to remove their video showing how to use the VST and highlight their video using the 'DAW' button method. SIMPLE....

+1 (until the Biab VST is working great.)

As I have suggested they can create a simple small vst that you load in the DAW that sends play/stop/song position to the main Biab so it plays in-sync with the DAW.
© PG Music Forums