PG Music Home
With Band-in-a-Box® 2007, we added RealDrums, which program users were THRILLED to see!

So, with Band-in-a-Box® 2008 we added RealTracks! Initially, 3 were released:
1. Real Pedal Steel
2. Real Acoustic Guitar
3. Tenor Sax soloing (RealSax)

Do you remember these? We do! We got a chance to "show them off" at Musikmesse that year, and the response was overwhelming - EVERYONE loves RealTracks! Adding real instruments played by top studio musicians adds an exciting human element to all your Band-in-a-Box songs!

Now there are over 2,900 RealTracks available in RealTracks Sets 1-352! Get them ALL with every Band-in-a-Box® 2020 UltraPAK, UltraPAK+, or Audiophile Edition.

Other new features added when we released Band-in-a-Box® 2008 included:
-MultiStyles
-Medley Maker
-Key signature changes at any bar
-"Fixed Do" Chord Entry and Display
...and more!

To reminisce on all the features released with older versions of Band-in-a-Box®, head to Help | Contents | Features within the program. There are separate lists going all the way back to Band-in-a-Box® Version 7!
As much as I've talked big on Midi-this-and-that in the Showcase forum in recent times, I can't deny the fact is it was for the RTs that I first invested in BBox. And not only that, but this then had the chain reaction of me taking the plunge into a whole "new" Operating System for my platform which this innovation required, something which I had dragged my feet on for some 7-8 years up to that point, if my math is correct shocked

All because of you guys (and RTs)!
> All because of you guys (and RTs)!

Eddie,
Thanks. Your great (and ongoing!) help over the years has been invaluable, and thanks for that!
Originally Posted By: Callie - PG Music
With Band-in-a-Box® 2007, we added RealDrums, which program users were THRILLED to see!

So, with Band-in-a-Box® 2008 we added RealTracks! Initially, 3 were released:
1. Real Pedal Steel
2. Real Acoustic Guitar
3. Tenor Sax soloing (RealSax)

Do you remember these? We do!

I remember very well when RealDrums were first added. A game changer!

I had been using BIAB for about five years at that point, and the first thing I would do after creating a song was to throw away the BIAB midi drums and build a new drum track using audio drum loops via a program called ACID Music.

It could take me as long as a day to build a decent drum track using loops, getting the fills in the right place etc. So RealDrums was a real timesaver, I could get a good sounding drum track with the click of a mouse.

Also remember the first version with RealTracks, I did a song back in the day using that first Pedal Steel RealTrack.
© PG Music Forums