PG Music Home
Got a new hard drive with my 2020 version. Selected some new "favorite styles", not realizing that I hadn't copied over the ones from my 2019 hard drive.

Went back to 2019 hd and copied all of those favorite styles, then went to bb/preferences and cut and pasted the old favorites into the StyleFavorites text file on the 2020 version.

I don't think that worked. When I open BIAB, I have a bunch of styles listed in the format:

-- (N/A) -- _PURSUIT.STY [Pursuit Modern Soul Pop]
etc.
etc.

This is how the old favorites are listed.

How do I successfully get my old favorites copied over to the 2020 hard drive?

Thanks in advance.
Do a fast rebuild and if that does not work do a slow rebuild.

I edited my StyleFavorites text file similar to what you did and did some cuts and pastes to see if it changed and it did on my end. Be sure you fully exit BIAB each time.

BTW, I did NOT have to do a rebuild as the changes showed up immediately each time I restarted BIAB after editing the file.

WOW! Did all this at 7:15 in the morning with only 2 sips of my coffee. Imagine what I can do with BIAB after I finish drinking the entire cup.
Thanks, I'll give that a try.
The favorites text file is the same format between 2019 and 2020, so that should be fine. The style you mention is an 'Xtra style' however. You should download and install Xtra styles 1-8 from your account (My Products), and then rebuild after you do that.
Hello,

I have BB hard drive MAC BBU 2018 261 and MAC-BBU 2019 302 both ultraPAK.

Just getting around to needing to move my StyleFavorites.txt from one to another. I’ve moved the 2018 file from the HD to my desktop. However, so far I can’t figure out how to move this into my 2019 StyleFavorites.txt HD. I do have this file established in my 2019 version as I’ve just put a new favorite into it.

I’d greatly appreciate your help.
Bud
You can simply open that StyleFavorites.txt file you have on your desktop there, copy the text, and then paste it into the StyleFavorites.txt file that's in your Band-in-a-Box --> Preferences folder (on the 2019 hard drive)
Thank you!
© PG Music Forums