PG Music Home
I have tried importing an audio into BiaB through the Audio Chord Wizard and creating a tempo map to work with it. However, the audio isn't perfectly consistent in its tempo, so I took the time to mark the bar lines manually. I then imported a MIDI file with the melody and played it over the imported audio with the tempo map and everything seemed to be great. But when I saved the file, closed it and reopened it, BiaB was all confused and was not playing the audio in sync with the tempo map at all. Has anyone else had this issue, and is there a fix?
Can you share with us what version of BiaB you are using?

I understand that in later versions, there are two Audio Chord Wizards, one is available from the Audio drop own menu, the other is available from the [ACW] button on the tool bar.
Hi Trev,

If it helps, here are the two different ACWs

Regards,
Noel

Attached picture new versus old ACW audio chord wizard.JPG
Ta Noel,

I knew something about the two. Your image clarifies much better, so a genuine thanks. Most importantly, hopefully we both hope that this assists the O/P to identify and close-in on their issue.

Trev
Because the new ACW is integrated into BIAB, it continues to function even once you close the Audio Editor Window and will make changes to your chord chart entries and tempo as you continue to make edits to your chart if you don't deselect the ACW.

In the original tutorial both the Main Chord Chart and a movable Audio Edit Window are on screen and the instructor continues to make edits to correct chords after the initial analysis.

I normally close the ACW after the initial analysis and reopen the Audio Editor and ACW if I need to do further work with them.
Noel,

Thanks for the reply. I was able to get it to work with the newer audio chord wizard. It was a little more work, but it remembered my tempo maps when I closed and reopened the program. I'm not sure why they keep the old one, that being the case.
© PG Music Forums