PG Music Home
Posted By: EdZ314 Looks like an error in Chord Builder - 03/02/20 12:36 AM
I believe I found an error in at least on of the chords in the Chord Builder it appears that the BDim chord has the wrong notes. Please see attached image. I haven't checked all of the chords, but I think I saw this on another one somewhere too, a while back.

Description: Possible chord error
Attached picture BIAB_Chord_Errors.png
Posted By: Matt Finley Re: Looks like an error in Chord Builder - 03/02/20 12:52 AM
What do you think the notes in Bdim7 should be?
Posted By: AudioTrack Re: Looks like an error in Chord Builder - 03/02/20 02:28 AM
Ed Z, if I follow you correctly you're identifying that the suggested notes of a diminished chord are b3rd, b5th and 6th and the text identifies this, but then on the same line states that the notes include Eb and Gb, which of course are incorrect.

Moreover, for a B chord which is represented with sharps, the correct enharmonic description should probably use D natural and F natural.

In this case, I think you have found an error in the chord description.

Attached picture 2020-03-02_15-41-38.jpg
Posted By: Matt Finley Re: Looks like an error in Chord Builder - 03/02/20 10:28 AM
I see the error in Videotrack’s picture but not the one posted by EdZ. What am I missing?

EDIT: Never mind, now I see it. On my phone I was only looking at the marked frame on the left; the one on the right is indeed wrong.

+1
Posted By: EdZ314 Re: Looks like an error in Chord Builder - 03/03/20 03:08 AM
Thanks gentlemen. I'll notify PGMusic support - I wanted to make sure I had a 2nd set of eyes on it before I submitted.
Posted By: EdZ314 Re: Looks like an error in Chord Builder - 06/23/20 10:44 PM
I found a few more errors in the Chord Builder menus. It's not a big deal for me, but it's a convenient way for someone who's still learning the theory to view the chord structures direct from BIAB. I still see them in BIAB 2020 for Windows Build 724. Does anyone else feel that this is worth asking for a fix?
Posted By: AudioTrack Re: Looks like an error in Chord Builder - 06/23/20 11:49 PM
Originally Posted By: EdZ314
I found a few more errors in the Chord Builder menus. It's not a big deal for me, but it's a convenient way for someone who's still learning the theory to view the chord structures direct from BIAB. I still see them in BIAB 2020 for Windows Build 724. Does anyone else feel that this is worth asking for a fix?

Definitely anything that's incorrect should be corrected. I would definitely report any errors you find.
Agreed, that's definitely an error!

And, it looks like no matter WHAT root it is, those two middle notes display as bE and bG.
Posted By: AudioTrack Re: Looks like an error in Chord Builder - 07/08/20 09:51 PM
Originally Posted By: Tobin - PG Music Inc.
Agreed, that's definitely an error!

And, it looks like no matter WHAT root it is, those two middle notes display as bE and bG.

Excellent, thanks for confirming Tobin. We'll leave it in your capable hands... smile
© PG Music Forums