PG Music Home
Posted By: AudioTrack Re: Does THIS happens to me only? - 03/09/20 04:52 AM
If you render the song to a WAV file, and then make any change to the BiaB song and then play it, the original WAV file you created will play along with the new/changed song.

Could this be what is happening?
Posted By: Trygve Larsen Re: Does THIS happens to me only? - 03/09/20 06:21 AM
Originally Posted By: VideoTrack
If you render the song to a WAV file, and then make any change to the BiaB song and then play it, the original WAV file you created will play along with the new/changed song.

Could this be what is happening?
Nope... I ALWAYS save the BiaB file and the WAV file in separate folders...

But ok, I just ask someone to load that song, primarily PGMUSIC staff, since that is part of their job, as customer service.., if I am not wrong about that, do the same and see IF I am the one that have something in my SETTING, or, something in my system, or, something I do, that makes this happen, AND what I can do to avoid it for the future... That's all... wink

But ok, IF I am the ONLY one encounter this problem from time to time, then IT MIGHT very well be something I do wrong, OR, something wrong in my computer...;) Because, as I mentioned, it happens not only ONCE for me...but several times... My solution, WHEN it happens, is to RECORD it directly to Audacity, from Biab...THEN, the problem is avoided...;) THAT just being a workaround...
Posted By: jford Re: Does THIS happens to me only? - 03/09/20 03:06 PM
I'll try to give this a shot tonight and see what happens. Are there any particular RealTracks you are having an issue with (and I'll try those)?
Posted By: Noel96 Re: Does THIS happens to me only? - 03/09/20 07:39 PM
Trygve,

Does the song have tempo changes in the MIDI file? (I'm heading off to work right now so I can't check your MGU.)

I imagine that any MIDI-file tempo changes will play when you play the MIDI back with BIAB. When you generate tracks to play along with the MIDI, though, I doubt that any tempo changes will be written to BIAB's bars.

It's also possible that the person who assembled the MIDI played at different tempos. If this happened, that information would not be recorded in the MIDI but it would be present as part of the performance.

If the above is true, the best way to align BIAB with the MIDI would be to use the Audio Chord Wizard to set beat 1 for the bars.

Regards,
Noel
Posted By: Trygve Larsen Re: Does THIS happens to me only? - 03/09/20 07:57 PM
Originally Posted By: jford
I'll try to give this a shot tonight and see what happens. Are there any particular RealTracks you are having an issue with (and I'll try those)?

RealTracks in song: ~535:Bass, Electric, Pop Sw 085
RealTracks in song: ~527:Guitar, Acoustic, Fingerpicking Hank Sw 085
RealTracks in song: 627:Pedal Steel, Background 12-8 Crystal Sw 065
Posted By: Trygve Larsen Re: Does THIS happens to me only? - 03/09/20 08:00 PM
Originally Posted By: Noel96
Trygve,

Does the song have tempo changes in the MIDI file? (I'm heading off to work right now so I can't check your MGU.)
It's not a midifile Noel. The song comes with BiaB... And there is no tempo-change... So can't be that..
Posted By: Trygve Larsen Re: Does THIS happens to me only? - 03/09/20 08:27 PM
This is what happen..

Attached picture Before saving it.JPG
Attached picture After savng it and reopen.JPG
Posted By: jford Re: Does THIS happens to me only? - 03/09/20 09:56 PM
I'll look into it, but the images look like you chose a 4/4 RT for a 3/4 song.
Posted By: Trygve Larsen Re: Does THIS happens to me only? - 03/09/20 10:30 PM
Originally Posted By: jford
I'll look into it, but the images look like you chose a 4/4 RT for a 3/4 song.
Yes, I see that now.. BUT, I did not chose anything... So how can THAT happen? I just tested it again by open the original, just added test to the name, saved it in my 2020 folder, open it again, and now, it was still 4/4 but melody started one bar earlier and notes are changed.. Sounds terrible...
Posted By: Noel96 Re: Does THIS happens to me only? - 03/10/20 02:28 AM
Originally Posted By: Trygve Larsen
Originally Posted By: Noel96
Trygve,

It's not a midifile Noel. The song comes with BiaB... And there is no tempo-change... So can't be that..

Apologies, Trygve. I should have read your initial post more thoroughly. You covered everything!
Posted By: Trygve Larsen Re: Does THIS happens to me only? - 03/10/20 03:15 AM
Thank's for reaching out Noel ! This gives me some clue. But it is utterly strange, because now, when I downloaded and open YOUR file, it opens with ZZJAZZ style, AND wrong beginning of the melody... AND, this is the strangest part; When I open MY original, from the Classical fakebook folder, it opens with the RIGHT "PNO34-12.STY" and plays perfectly fine... BUT, when I saved it as Saint-Saens-Le Cygne -test 2.MGU and open it, it AGAIN open it with ZZJAZZ style...

So what the heck makes SOME files open with ZZJAZZ style and the one directly from the Classical fakebook folder with the RIGHT PNO34-12 style????
Posted By: Noel96 Re: Does THIS happens to me only? - 03/10/20 03:24 AM
Hi Trygve,

I'm pretty sure that the setting that is causing this behaviour is found under "Options | Preferences | Arrange". I've highlighted it on the image below.

Disable the checkbox for automatically substituting ZZJAZZ.STY if a style is not found and see what happens.

Why it opens correctly sometimes and not other times could be due to how you are starting BIAB.

For example... Do you sometimes open the file by double-clicking on it and sometimes open it using BIAB's "Open" command? If so, it might be that the double-clicking is opening BIAB from another location and the PNO34-12.STY is not present at that location.

Regards,
Noel

Attached picture zzjazz substitute.JPG
Posted By: Trygve Larsen Re: Does THIS happens to me only? - 03/10/20 04:15 AM
Ah, thank's a lot again Noel ! THAT fixed it right away.. I just copied all the styles in the fakebook folder to the style folder and BANG, it open correctly.. Strange btw that those styles are not in the stylefolder by default...

And yes, I do sometimes open the file by double-clicking on it and sometimes open it using BIAB's "Open" command.

I think PG music should fix this, so that BiaB always look in the style folder for the style, so we can open any BiaB song from any location, without this problem..

AND, by default, all the styles in those Songs and lesson folders should be located in the style folder, I think. Not in any folder BiaB will not scan if opened from another location..

Anyway, big thank's again Noel.. U ALWAYS solve my problems.. KUDOS to u and all other great guys in this forum...;)
Posted By: Noel96 Re: Does THIS happens to me only? - 03/10/20 05:16 AM
I'm pleased to read that all is well, again.
Posted By: jford Re: Does THIS happens to me only? - 03/10/20 10:12 AM
Trygve -

I think I've found the problem and it might be a bug.

The style this song uses (PNO34-12) is not a style found in the main BIAB style folder. It is read from the Classical MIDI Fakebook 2 folder (BIAB, as I understand it, looks for style files either in the main Styles folder or the folder in which the song file resides).

When I loaded the song, it is clearly in 3/4 time, but the time signature on BIAB reads 4/4 time (that shouldn't be). And since it isn't in the main Styles folder, it doesn't show up in StylePicker either. So when I went to choose it, it wasn't there.

So, I gathered "all" the styles contained in the Songs and Lessons folder (and all its sub-folders) and copied them to the main Styles folder (NOT overwriting any that are already there).

I rebuilt the StylePicker (using the slow build, not the fast build). The PNO34-12 style now shows up in StylePicker, and now when I load the Saint-Saens demo file again, it loads the style and the time signature shows 3/4 (not 4/4).

That being said, if you are going to add RealTracks to this song, be sure to add only 3/4 (waltz) RT's, or it's not going to sound right.

You should probably report this to PGMusic as a bug (and reference this thread). It looks like if BIAB reads a style file that is not in the Style Picker database, it is not properly picking up the correct time signature.
Posted By: Trygve Larsen Re: Does THIS happens to me only? - 03/10/20 05:45 PM
Hi John ! Thank's for taking the time to dig deeper into this. Yes, it should definitely NOT be like it. And I THINK it is easy to fix. It is just for PG Music to REARRANGE the folder structure before they distribute new copies, isn't it? Problem solved.

But this "You should probably report this to PGMusic as a bug (and reference this thread)." should be unnecessary imho... Can't we trust that they read here? They are MODERATORS after all, and SHOULD take notice of stuff being reported HERE...
Posted By: jford Re: Does THIS happens to me only? - 03/10/20 06:00 PM
If you want it seen, you should report it (and reference the thread). While, yes, PG staff do peruse the forum, there is no guarantee they will see this. I'll post it on the developer's forum, but you should report it also.
Posted By: Trygve Larsen Re: Does THIS happens to me only? - 03/10/20 11:31 PM
Ok, reported it... wink
© PG Music Forums