PG Music Home
Hi all

I'm trying to export a RealChart piano track (#2872) into Sibelius. The track is in 6/8, but if I export the chart it comes out as 4/4, which looks all wrong. I've tried MIDI and XML and they both do this.

Anyone know how I can resolve this?

Many thanks!
You can't. BiaB only uses 2/4, 3/4, or 4/4 time signatures. I have been complaining about this for years and have suggested using other time signatures like 6/8, 5/4, etc, every chance I get.
Originally Posted By: MarioD
You can't. BiaB only uses 2/4, 3/4, or 4/4 time signatures. I have been complaining about this for years and have suggested using other time signatures like 6/8, 5/4, etc, every chance I get.

Ah, well thank you for clearing that up and saving me further head-scratching, at least!

Yes I think that'd be a really good addition, otherwise it sorta defeats the point of the RealChart!

In the meantime, maybe there is a plugin on Sibelius that'll convert simple meter to compound meter...
Can you drop the midi into Reaper set to 6/8 the drag adjust the midi item to fit the real time signature then save it to midi ?
Originally Posted By: Pipeline
Can you drop the midi into Reaper set to 6/8 the drag adjust the midi item to fit the real time signature then save it to midi ?

That does not work in Studio One Pro. The only way to line up the measures is to have Studio One in 4/4 time. This makes it impossible to add any MIDI tracks to the song. I should say written MIDI track as the only way to add any MIDI is to play along live.

This is the same for any time signatures other than 2/4, 4/4, and 3/4.

RealBand will work IF you stay in RB. If you export a RB track or song to Studio One the you are in the same boat as I described above.
© PG Music Forums