PG Music Home
BiaB 2020 64-bit running in W10

How can I get a Real Tracks instrument to play the notes in the score I wrote?

When I select real tracks, all I get is improvisation over the chords, when what I want is a specific melody, actually a jazz head, in this case.

The midi selections play the score correctly.
Originally Posted By: tcamuso
BiaB 2020 64-bit running in W10

How can I get a Real Tracks instrument to play the notes in the score I wrote?

You can't

When I select real tracks, all I get is improvisation over the chords, when what I want is a specific melody, actually a jazz head, in this case.

That is exactly what Real tracks do. Only midi selections play the midi notes. I assume you are new to the forum. So welcome.
Further, when you play the song, RealTracks regenerate. Any editing you may have done on them will be replaced. The tracks you CAN use are Melody and Soloist. Those are MIDI and can be saved with the song.
As indicated, RealTracks are audio-phrases that have been pre-recorded. Some of them have been transcribed into notation for readability purposes, but changing these notes doesn't change the original audio passages that they were transcribed from.

MIDI tracks could be used to do what you require, but freeze changes first before generating, otherwise they will be overwritten.
..How can I get a Real Tracks instrument to play the notes in the score I wrote?...

You can use Sforzando:

Attached picture BB-Sforzando.gif

Thank you Matt Finley for your response.

Is there a place where users can make suggestions for future enhancements?

In my estimation, this would be a very good one to have.

Sforzando ?

I see you provided a brief instructional video.

I'm gonna look it up and try it!!!
To load the Plugin go to
C:\Program Files\Plogue\sforzando\VST

Oh, yes. There is a Wishlist Forum, below. Over the decades, many suggestions I and others have made were implemented.

What you are talking about is MIDI. Get some good sound sources like Kontakt, Sample Tank, etc, learn some MIDI controls and your problem is solved.

Many thanks!

Bookmarking!
© PG Music Forums