PG Music Home
Hi,

I am new to band in a box and use the new version band in a box 2020. I like to practise jazz standards. In a jazz standard All the things you are, I would like to combine half time and double time on a real track on drums and bass? I would like to use half time for bass and drums real track on the first chorus and from second chorus double time. The reason is that imported a jazz guitar midi solo from a guitar book which starts half time and then become double time from the second chorus. This is a guitar solo I made in Guitar pro 6 in the past and exported as midi in guitar pro 7.5 (only 1 track). Now I was able to make the drums and bass double half time but I am not able to make the 2nd chorus for bass and drum double time.

I hope somebody can help me
Sounds like something doable in BIAB. Are you using F5 to set the changes at the needed bars and chorus?
Thanks for your advice. I already tried that option with F5. But I don't see an option for changing a bass realtrack to half or double time. I can press Realdrums but and in the Realdrums picker I can choose half time or double time but I don't hear a difference. And also when i change for example a drum style in the first and second chorus I don't hear a difference in style. What are the steps to start a song in half time and change it to double time. Or should i choose different drum and or bass styles and export it as wav or mps and import again in band in a box?
Quote:
But I don't see an option for changing a bass realtrack to half or double time. I can press Realdrums but and in the Realdrums picker I can choose half time or double time but I don't hear a difference.

Sorry, I thought it would be easier. I listened to several of the realdrums in the picker and can't say I can hear a change for a half, normal and double variation either. Perhaps someone else will have a clue.

And regarding the realbass, I suspect this is not yet a feature. Hold it, I just saw a menu to select the Bass as Normal, double or halftime in the BIAB-VST. So I assume it is available in BIAB. Sorry, again I am afraid this is like the blind leading the blind. This whole program is beginning to get a way from me.
Posted By: Dave Re: Half time and double time in the same song? - 03/22/20 02:25 PM
you might need to delete the original drum before re-adding (or adding a new one) at double or half time from the picker.
Hi,

I was testing it (F5 modus) for a few hours but i can't get it to work. So when changing i choose a jazz drum style and change it to half time from the dropdown box, it does not play half time. It only plays half time when i press patches in the top right corner and press the drum track and then track settings > track time base : half time. For bass I cannot choose half time via F5 but i choose a real track which is half tempo of the song at 80 . But it does not play half time unless I do the same by pressing in the patches window > track settings > track time base : half time. Via the F5 I also choose for example chorus 1 bar 1 and chorus 2 bar 1 to apply these settings . Very frustrating because i would like to practise this great transcribed jack grassel solo for all the things you are with the bass and drums from BiaB. Can somebody help me?
This is in RealBand, I just set Snap, selected the chorus, chose Generate RealTrack, chose halftime for the same bass.

Attached picture RB-Bass-Halftime-Chorus.png
© PG Music Forums