PG Music Home
Posted By: sixchannel How to find Coyote Forts Dxi16 - 03/25/20 11:25 AM
Following a total hard drive crash, I now have Win10 on a brand new hard drive.
I have done a full download and install (all 110gb+ of it) and so far it works OK
BUT - my WIn7 BB had a paid for (from PG) Coyote Forte Dxi. I cant find it in my 'Account' so where is it, how do I get my key code again and most importantly HOW DO I INSTALL AND SET IT UP??
Might seem ridiculous seeing as how I've used BB for years but it was many years ago since I did it in the first place.
Bests
Ian
Posted By: Jim Fogle Re: How to find Coyote Forts Dxi16 - 03/25/20 12:01 PM
I read in another post that your computer blew up. It is frustrating and difficult to get back up and running. I feel for what you're going through.

You will need to contact PG Music Sales about retrieving the Coyote Forte DXI file. PG Music Sales should be able to verify the purchase and provide a download link on your online account.

Notice the warning PG Music placed on the +++ Coyote Forte DXI Webpage +++
Quote:
Note: The Coyote Forte DXi is only compatible with 32-bit hosts. Therefore it will work with the 32-bit version of Band-in-a-Box, but not the 64-bit version.
Posted By: fiddler2007 Re: How to find Coyote Forts Dxi16 - 03/25/20 03:43 PM
You could switch to Halion Sonic SE, IMO 'better' anyway ... free and 64bit to boot.
Posted By: Bob Calver Re: How to find Coyote Forts Dxi16 - 03/25/20 07:39 PM
does halion sonic se come with a gm or gm 2 set? and can you use it the same way you can forte dxi as the default soft synth?
Posted By: fiddler2007 Re: How to find Coyote Forts Dxi16 - 03/26/20 06:41 AM
yep, go into options, program changes ...

Attached picture Halion SE_FromX99.jpg
Posted By: Andrew - PG Music Re: How to find Coyote Forts Dxi16 - 03/26/20 04:37 PM
You would just download the demo from that page, and you use your forte serial number to convert the demo to the full version. You can contact us via Live chat and we can look up your number
Posted By: Larry Kehl Re: How to find Coyote Forts Dxi16 - 03/26/20 05:00 PM
This will not solve your current issue this is just for future reference:

And this is not meant to to arm chair quarterback but I keep a spreadsheet with title, the SERIAL NUMBER, and any additional authorization codes, iLok info , etc. as well as date purchased, price paid, where bought, etc. I keep that spreadsheet of titles & SN's in lots of places not just one internal drive - LOL (it easily fits on even a tiny thumb drive or SD card.)

FWIW on that "serial number" spreadsheet I also keep a copy of all all household items, firearms, music gear, etc. most anything with a high cost or a serial number - each similar collection of "thing" household items, music gear, firearms, ...are on separate spreadsheet tabs.

EDIT

PS I also agree with Fiddler2007 - you'll like the Halion SE GM sounds much better than Forte Coyote DXi

Larry
Posted By: Jim Fogle Re: How to find Coyote Forts Dxi16 - 03/28/20 04:02 PM
Per the Steinberg HALion Sonic SE +++ webpage +++
Quote:
The free HALion Sonic SE download version does not contain any content.
Posted By: Larry Kehl Re: How to find Coyote Forts Dxi16 - 03/28/20 09:23 PM
Jim right, I forgot, Since I have full Halion (as well) the missing sounds are kind of moot and again I forget.

see this thread to get FREE Steinberg Halion GM bank (usable in SE). Yes, its a little hoop jumping, but as a bonus maybe getting a free free notation program as well is appealing?

https://www.pgmusic.com/forums/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=577979&Searchpage=1&Main=81335&Words=Halion&Search=true#Post577979

However, there are a few folks here that are always suggestion Halion Sonic SE.

Those folks might have an easier way to get the Halion GM bank??

Larry
Posted By: Jim Fogle Re: How to find Coyote Forts Dxi16 - 03/28/20 10:38 PM
Larry I completely understand. It's an easy mistake to make, particularly when you've grown accustomed to having a tool available. Except for the caution box the webpage does not give any other hint that the sound module does not include any patches.
Posted By: Larry Kehl Re: How to find Coyote Forts Dxi16 - 03/28/20 11:51 PM
I just forgot that I forgot - LOL
© PG Music Forums