PG Music Home
If I search for a song in the style picker, get a hit and click on it, this will set all of the filters appropriately BUT still result in many possible styles.

In a some (few) cases, that song title I searched for would actually be referenced in the memo for one of them, as an example of use. But finding it might still require browsing through dozens or hundreds.

Is it somehow possible to search for a title in all style memos?
I think the style memos are saved in the ST2 files, so probably not accessible ..?
many, many years ago i cut and pasted all the style descriptions into a word document which was searchable. that of course was only midi styles and was a couple of hundred only. now with almost 7000 styles its impossible unless PG have a master list of their own.

had a fairly long correspondence with Mac about it so it must have been around the turn of the century.
Originally Posted By: miseg
If I search for a song in the style picker, get a hit and click on it, this will set all of the filters appropriately BUT still result in many possible styles.

In a some (few) cases, that song title I searched for would actually be referenced in the memo for one of them, as an example of use. But finding it might still require browsing through dozens or hundreds.

Is it somehow possible to search for a title in all style memos?

You have highlighted my feelings about searching for a style using a song title - you get way too many style suggestions most of which don't make sense. The only results that are usually correct are the suggested filter settings which ironically are easy to work out for yourself.

Tony
As I understand it, the style picker works only on the tempo, feel, time signature from the song title. And yes, this usually gives a lot of styles to choose from. A lot of songs are 120bpm, ev8, 4/4.

It's not the solution you might expect but at least it has probably narrowed the selection. Theoretically, all of the listed styles will work with the song. It doesn't give you a style that will necessarily sound like the the 'original' version. But it does let you be creative and consider styles and tempos you might normally ignore
© PG Music Forums