PG Music Home
Posted By: Teejay Bar Naming? - 03/31/20 09:19 PM
Hi all - apologies for being redundant; I seem to have forgotten... frown

Can anyone please reiterate - how do you name the Bars / Sections of your song? For example, I want Bar 87 to say "Bridge". I recall it was simple... must be that this Solitary Confinement is rotting my brain!! laugh
Posted By: Matt Finley Re: Bar Naming? - 03/31/20 10:10 PM
Someone may know how to do that. What I do is use single letters. They are called (I think) bar-based section letters. I think you right click where you would enter a part marker.

My jazz songs have entries lIke a fakesheet such as A, B, C. Then S for solo, T for Tag etc.
Posted By: AudioTrack Re: Bar Naming? - 03/31/20 10:14 PM
On the Chord Chart, bars can have a Bar-based Section Letter attached, but not a word to my knowledge.
You could use lyrics to do this but they wouldn't appear on the chord chart.
Edit: Matt answered the same while I was preparing the image.

Attached picture 2020-04-01_12-11-11.jpg
Posted By: Charlie Fogle Re: Bar Naming? - 03/31/20 11:31 PM
I think the OP may be thinking of using Section Text Layer. You can have Section Text and Lyrics Text showing on the Chord Chart.

Attached picture Text Capture.JPG
Posted By: SILVERBACK Re: Bar Naming? - 04/01/20 03:28 AM
Yes... I use section text to label my verses/chorus/solo/etc... click on Chord Display/Layers/Section text - - then double click on the faint green line at the top of each bar to insert your label.

Posted By: Teejay Re: Bar Naming? - 04/12/20 07:13 PM
Thank you, all! It took some digging, and all were correct... Silverback got me back to what I remembered.

I appreciate the backstop! laugh
© PG Music Forums