PG Music Home
Posted By: KGU 2 Audio Interface - tests - 04/24/20 01:55 PM
Hey all,

Testing Band In a Box with various audio interfaces.

Posted By: KGU 2 Re: AUDIO INTERFACE - tests - 04/24/20 02:21 PM
ok, I got this to work

PRESONUS audiobox usb 96

Posted By: Rustyspoon# Re: AUDIO INTERFACE - FAIL, FAIL, - 04/24/20 02:22 PM
That is strange. I tried several audio cards (some from 9 years back) everything worked.

Did you go to Audio(top menu)->Audio Driver/Settings->Audio Drivers and check that it shows the card you are using?
In that menu also check INPUT and OUTPUT so it is of same card!

I had a situation where it had input of one card and output of the other....

Good luck.
Posted By: KGU 2 Re: AUDIO INTERFACE - tests - 04/24/20 02:25 PM
In that menu also check INPUT and OUTPUT so it is of same card!

yes
Posted By: Matt Finley Re: AUDIO INTERFACE - FAIL, FAIL, - 04/24/20 02:58 PM
We need to know what you mean by 'fail' before we can help.
Posted By: Rustyspoon# Re: AUDIO INTERFACE - FAIL, FAIL, - 04/24/20 03:19 PM
Blue Yeti Pro, Arturia Audiofuse, UA Arrow and of course onboard Realtec.

UA was giving me headache with BIAB, so I got rid of it. It worked, but I had to reset WAS/Asio and input/output (mismatch) of that card all the time.

Also thing to check, is default Audio Card settings and bitrate in Windows system.
Posted By: KGU 2 Re: AUDIO INTERFACE - tests - 04/24/20 03:41 PM
Blue Yeti Pro, Arturia Audiofuse, UA Arrow and of course onboard Realtec.

interesting, thanks.

Blue Yeti Pro,

this of course is direct USB, Im not having any trouble with my audio technica USB either.

Arturia Audiofuse, UA Arrow

wow, never even heard of these! They look fairly
high end, though. How'd you even hear of them? They never come up in articles on interfaces that I read about.

Posted By: sslechta Re: AUDIO INTERFACE - FAIL, FAIL, - 04/24/20 03:51 PM
Originally Posted By: KGU 2
Not sure how to check windows 10 audio settings. anyone?

Here's how you get to them

From there just verify that your current default soundcard playback and recording settings match up with what you are testing in BIAB. Click on Properties of the selected soundcard on playback and on recording and go to the advanced tab. This is where Windows defines 16 bit/44.1KHz, 24 bit/96KHz, etc.....
Posted By: Tribulus Re: AUDIO INTERFACE - FAIL, FAIL, - 04/24/20 03:54 PM
I use a Presonus Studio 6/8. Works great, sounds great. No issues with BIAB. How are you testing these interfaces and what do you mean by fail? It should work with any interface as long as you set it up properly.
Posted By: sslechta Re: AUDIO INTERFACE - FAIL, FAIL, - 04/24/20 03:58 PM
Originally Posted By: Tribulus
I use a Presonus Studio 6/8. Works great, sounds great. No issues with BIAB.

Agreed. A lot of folks on these forums are using Presonus or Focusrite interfaces. That seems to be the crowd favs.
Posted By: KGU 2 Re: AUDIO INTERFACE - tests - 04/24/20 05:27 PM
Presonus or Focusrite

ok, good.
Posted By: sslechta Re: AUDIO INTERFACE - FAIL, FAIL, - 04/24/20 05:32 PM
This brings back to my main point. Why are ONLY 2
brands seemingly working?

That is not what I said. I said that these brands are the most popular. They have very good mic preamps and are very good bang for the buck. If the audio interface works well on the PC, in general it should work fine for BIAB.

We still need you to define FAIL.
Posted By: Rustyspoon# Re: AUDIO INTERFACE - FAIL, FAIL, - 04/24/20 05:45 PM
UAD Arrow is Thunderbolt 3 interface. Seems highly respected brand., I personally did not like it.
---
Arturia is a big name in synth world. I never owned anything by them except for Audiofuse interface. I wanted something portable, yet professional (prosumer). Audiofuse has two separate headphones outs with separate volume controls, so two+ people can record without the need of mixer., but most importantly it has amazing mic preamps. I had a Roland interface before, it was like a kids toy compared to audio quality / features of Audiofuse.
Posted By: rharv Re: AUDIO INTERFACE - FAIL, FAIL, - 04/24/20 06:53 PM
Presonus or Focusrite

this brings back to my main point. Why are ONLY 2
brands seemingly working?

There are way more than 2 brands working ..
Focusrite 18i20 and 2i2, Delta 1010, M-Audio 24/96, MOTU, Presonus, Roland, Behringer .. I've seen them all work.
Any issues are usually in the setup/use of the device.
Next most common issue; system USB not up to snuff ..
Posted By: justanoldmuso Re: AUDIO INTERFACE - FAIL, FAIL, - 04/24/20 08:26 PM
no fails here.
you MUST set up interface properly.
with any daw this is key.
steiny ur22 works great here.
peace out.
Posted By: Ember - PG Music Re: AUDIO INTERFACE - FAIL, FAIL, - 04/24/20 08:41 PM
It may just be something as simple as needing to adjust some audio settings in the program. As has been mentioned above, you will need to go into your audio settings within the program and set up your hardware so the program knows what it's looking for. If you want to shoot us an e-mail at support@pgmusic.com or post your audio settings here, we can always take a look at your settings and see if there's something that needs to be tweaked or adjusted.
Posted By: jazzmammal Re: AUDIO INTERFACE - FAIL, FAIL, - 04/24/20 11:58 PM
Yes, and KGU, will you please edit your title to this thread? ALL CAPS plus FAIL, FAIL is not a good look for something that is obviously you not understanding how to set up an interface properly. And again, we cannot help you until you define the word fail. Is it no sound, distorted sound, or what? Tell us exactly what you did and post screenshots of your config screens.

I also use the Steinberg UR22 MKII with no issues.

Bob
Posted By: KGU 2 Re: AUDIO INTERFACE - tests - 04/25/20 12:13 AM
thanks all,

I figured it out now.
Posted By: AudioTrack Re: AUDIO INTERFACE - tests - 04/25/20 02:03 AM
Great. That'll help everyone. confused
© PG Music Forums