PG Music Home
Posted By: lambada BIAB Tuner - 05/28/20 12:35 PM
Just wondering if there is a generic problem (bug). I tried to load the BIAB tuner and it nearly brought Windows 10 down including the Task Manager. Anyway, after about 10 minutes of no response and greyed out screen in BIAB, the tuner opened with BIAB minimized. I'm on the latest update of the 64 bit version. I've tried it a few times with the same result. Don't normally use it as I have tuners galore. I'll report it if others have a similar result.
Posted By: Matt Finley Re: BIAB Tuner - 05/28/20 01:23 PM
Remind me please, is this a separate add-on from the past, or is there a menu command to bring up a tuner?
Posted By: lambada Re: BIAB Tuner - 05/28/20 10:43 PM
There is a button around the top middle of the screen and I think there is a menu item somewhere, but it is a separate program, like an add on.
Posted By: AudioTrack Re: BIAB Tuner - 05/29/20 07:13 AM
If it's this one, it loaded for me:

Attached picture 2020-05-29_20-11-20.jpg
Attached picture 2020-05-29_20-11-46.jpg
Posted By: AudioTrack Re: BIAB Tuner - 05/29/20 07:16 AM
Although I didn't actually use it except for pressing the Tones button, and that did provide audible information.
Posted By: lambada Re: BIAB Tuner - 06/01/20 02:33 AM
ok. Maybe it's just super slow on my machine.
Posted By: AudioTrack Re: BIAB Tuner - 06/01/20 05:00 AM
Originally Posted By: lambada
ok. Maybe it's just super slow on my machine.

Maybe, I'm not sure, but an i3 might be challenged a little. Do you have a different system you could experiment with?
Posted By: fiddler2007 Re: BIAB Tuner - 06/01/20 06:19 AM
I got an android strobe tuner on my phone, IMO the easiest solution these days ...
Posted By: lambada Re: BIAB Tuner - 06/02/20 01:54 PM
I didn't realise my system was now considered slow. :-) I guess I've had it a while. I do find that Adobe CC products are a little slow on her. I was looking at some monster 17" Laptops with solid state hard drives or a new monster PC - Tempting - but the women in this family keep me poor with their overpriced Apple products. Cheap PC's and peripherals has always been one advantage of living in Hong Kong. Perhaps not for much longer though. :-(
Posted By: rharv Re: BIAB Tuner - 06/03/20 07:08 PM
What is your Windows default audio device?
What is the selected BB audio device?

I believe the Tuner (and a few other older features) use only the windows default device.
BB device is not what it goes to.
Other routing mismatches(Windows Soundmapper for example) may cause a loop or delayed path, or other weirdness, or simply no input.
At least that's how I remember it from years ago.

To use the Tuner reliably your BB/RB audio input device had to match Windows default.. oh, and bitrate mattered.
Posted By: lambada Re: BIAB Tuner - 06/06/20 01:36 AM
It was a one off as I have a tuner I use on a daily basis, but sounds about right Rharv. I use the Windows 10 WASAPi (WAS) driver. Just tried it again with the latest update and BIAB has keeled over. When it comes back I'll try switching drivers and see what happens. grin

10 mins now! I've closed it now. Same with MME but I noticed it was automatically changed back to WAS driver. I'm not going to mess with my BIAB. Out of sight, out of mind.
© PG Music Forums