PG Music Home
I'm a newbie, but have been able to make some pretty good backing tracks for a jazz guitarist. One very minor problem is that in some songs, after the ending--which is often one bar longer than I would want--there is the sound of a metronome click or a drum rim strike or something like that. Does anybody else have this problem? Is there any way to get rid of it? Thank you!
That sounds a lot like an old problem which was very commonly reported in the past. What version of BIAB are you running. Then if you can tell us exactly the style contents of your song we can see if it can be repeated on a different machine/setup.
Thanks for the quick reply. Apparently my problem is inconsistent, as I cannot reproduce it on the 4 songs I was playing earlier. I am running BIAB 2020/64 Win (722). I will get back to you once I figure out which song (and style) showed the problem.
Keep you setup and configuration simple so that in the event things act strangely and inconsistently, you can hit the "return to factory settings" button. This cures a myriad of ailments.
Do you have looping set on for this song?

What kind of ending? 2-bar? 4-bar? Tag?
Originally Posted By: RiverCityKen
I'm a newbie, but have been able to make some pretty good backing tracks for a jazz guitarist. One very minor problem is that in some songs, after the ending--which is often one bar longer than I would want--there is the sound of a metronome click or a drum rim strike or something like that. Does anybody else have this problem? Is there any way to get rid of it? Thank you!

I have this problem on one system. It has a Kedron SD2 as the MIDI output device. BiaB definitely produces a Rim Shot (Side-stick) after the end of the song, and this is clearly reflected in the BiaB mixer VU meter display. BiaB also regularly misses the first beat of the 2-bar count-in with this setup in place.

If I change to use a VSTi instead of the hardware MIDI, the problem is 'more-or-less' resolved (sometimes there might be a slight hint of an unexpected note). However, this occurs on a RealDrums track, no MIDI is understood to be involved.

I have reported this to PG Music including a video/audio clip of the issue showing the hit coming from BiaB Drum Track on the mixer display, but it has never been resolved.

Have a look at this post also.

Same here... what videotrack said.
Okay, MusicStudent, here's the deal: I am running BIAB 2020/64 Win (722), and although the problem seems to be inconsistent, it showed up with _JAZZSWP.STY. I appreciate your help in trying to get things sorted out!
I listened to both demo songs and did not hear the artifact. But as said, others have reported this illusive artifact you describe in the past with no confirmed fix other than to remove it in the DAW.
© PG Music Forums